New Fly Gear

Okay so I FINALLY got all of my fly gear I got a load of cash and gift cards from my parents to wilsons and Bass Pro Shops :whistling: , so that I could go and pick out my own gear and ask the "experts" what I need, so I did and this is what I got...

Oh BTW the White River Fly SHop guys really push Their own brand, there was a Frontier fly rod for a lil bit cheaper than the white river one and they insisted that I buy white river and... I did <_< , Frontier is made by G-Loomis

Soo we got Orvis Battenkill LA IV Reel from wilsons

Wonderline Generation 3 fly Line from Wilsons

WRFS Classic Travel Fly Rod obviously from BPS <_< ,

I also picked up a few flies, I wouldnt have done this seeing as how I still have $170.00 from christmas that I now want to spend at a fly shop in London that provides free shipping on purchases over $60.00 :clapping: so the extra cash would have been nice... heres the pics!!!

NewFishingGear005.jpg

NewFishingGear010.jpg

NewFishingGear011.jpg

NewFishingGear028.jpg

NewFishingGear031.jpg

NewFishingGear030.jpg

NewFishingGear029.jpg

NewFishingGear026.jpg

NewFishingGear034.jpg

NewFishingGear054.jpg

NewFishingGear062.jpg

NewFishingGear060.jpg

NewFishingGear063.jpg

NewFishingGear056.jpg

NewFishingGear059.jpg

NewFishingGear050.jpg

NewFishingGear049.jpg

NewFishingGear042.jpg

NewFishingGear043.jpg

NewFishingGear045.jpg

NewFishingGear033.jpg

sorry I accadently hit enter and didnt have all the pics on :wallbash: ,so hear they are enjoy!

Edited by MarcusDiGiovanni

Luckily you went with the White River fly rod. Those Frontier rods are like a stick of dynamite, they blow up soon as you hook something, plus the warranty SUCKS!

dunno I have had a few frontier rods already replaced with gl2 and gl3's pretty good upgrade from what I paid for them I think :clapping: Im blown away that Shimano is warrantying them at all....personally made me a bit more brand loyal to shimano after that...

Nice, my stuff came in from Albright the other day.

7/8 reel

7/8 rod 9.5ft

8/9 rod 9ft

very nice stuff I must say, can't wait to get some line on them. All in with shipping and duty it was under @180. Rods normally sell for $120 ea up here

Sounds like you got some nice stuff, I used my cell phone to take the pictures, and it has no macro section :wallbash: The closer I get the more blurey it is, now what I should have done was "Borrowed" my Moms SLR, they would be some crisp photos :clapping:

Dude, get out there and fish, or find a nice spot above ground in the backyard and practice your false casting, get someone to snap some shots. I wanna see tight loops, and ten and two.

JUST DOU IT! :lol::P

HD

Big congrats on your purchase. Hope you’ll get many years of service out of that outfit.

Best word of advice is to get an instructor or at least someone to teach you who knows how to cast BEFORE you head out on the water. Also wear at least some form of eye protection when casting a fly. Ditto with what Highdrifter said about lawn casting and practicing and taking pictures of yourself casting. You learn quite a lot about what you’re doing right or wrong by looking at the loops…For me after a stressful day at work, I pick up my fly rods and distance cast them in the front yard for some relaxation.

DSC_1368.jpg

If you’re ever in the Scarborough area, I wouldn’t mind showing you a few basics.

Dude, get out there and fish, or find a nice spot above ground in the backyard and practice your false casting, get someone to snap some shots. I wanna see tight loops, and ten and two.

JUST DOU IT!

HD

Just got in at about 6:00, I back on to a golf coarse and they let the residents use the ponds and stuff for ice skating so I went to the nearest tee off. Went out at about 4:30 and cast my afternoon away :D

If you’re ever in the Scarborough area, I wouldn’t mind showing you a few basics.

My Cousins live in scarburough so i might have to take you up on that offer ;)