My Day with some sabres

blaque

Thought id share some of my morning i had this past saturday with Lindy Ruff and a couple of the Sabres. My nephew (and myself lol) were pretty lucky guys this past weekend. The coach for his travel team knows a few people in the sabres organization........and somehow he got Lindy Ruff to coach one of their practices. It was an awesome treat, meeting lindy and a couple other sabres along the way. I even got to sit in a couple of the sabres lockers as we were allowed into the locker rooms as well as sit on the players bench on the ice to watch the practice. Lindy and assitant coach Patrick did drills with the team for an hour and then played against the entire kids team. Lindy, patrick, the goaltender coach, along with my nephews coach played 4 on 20 lol......adults vs. the entire kids team all on the ice at once lol. Lindy and his squad of 4 won lol. This was a day i will remember for the rest of my life as im sure my nephew will as well. Im a die hard sabres fan now for over 30 years........and little jake, hes been one since he could watch them on the tube lol. Anyway, take a look at a few of my giddy moments..........

IMG_0608.jpg

nephew in pominvilles locker

IMG_0611.jpg

Ruffs pep talk before practice

IMG_0613.jpg

film watching station

IMG_0614.jpg

a few of the lockers

IMG_0615.jpg

a few more

IMG_0616.jpg

Me in the leading goal scorers locker (moment of a lifetime, and this is the pic i get!!!!!!!)

IMG_0620.jpg

view from the bench

IMG_0637.jpg

Paul Gaustad came out on the bench to watch

IMG_0638.jpg

Same

IMG_0650.jpg

I love this one, lilndy decided to show the boys how the one on one drill was gonna go, and picked my nephew to show them what he wanted them to do. My Nephew one on one with the coach of the Buffalo Sabres........Priceless!!!

IMG_0652.jpg

Drawing out the playbook

IMG_0658.jpg

The bench

IMG_0659.jpg

ANother player/coach perspective lol

IMG_0662.jpg

NEED WATER, Lindy is pushin us hard lol

IMG_0665.jpg

Coach Ruff and his squad against the kids

IMG_0682.jpg

Team photo, Lindy Ruff looking down on my nephew

IMG_0683.jpg

The sabres tunnel, and yes i pretended i was stepping out on the ice for game seven of the stanley cup finals LOL

IMG_0684.jpg

ANother blurry one, these 3 guys walked past me as i was comin off the bench to the hallway........Drew Stafford, Jaroslov Spacek, and Toni Lydman

IMG_0688.jpg

Patrick Kaleta with my nephew for the end of the day.

Ill never experience something like this again, i thanked my nephews coaches/and Lindy Ruff immensely for a VERY memorable day. I still cant believe my picture in vaneks locker came out blurry!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrr ANyway, i know it aint fishing, and i know it aint the team of choice lol, but thought id share it as i know hockey is probbaly the second favorite topic here next to fishing lol.

Edited by Blaque

still not cheering for them when they play the leafs thoguh lol

Its O.k. Lunker, i understand LOL

And hey, You guys are only 5 points behind us.......should make for some exciting match ups in the coming weeks. Too bad Ray and Domi retired................didnt matter how close the points race was, it was a rivalry within a rivalry when those two were skating lol