Power Outage?

Woodsman

Woodsman, I'm not too far (in todays global world) from you. Sitting here listening to the scanner, trees on fire everywhere.

Now, have you ever tried to burn a living tree? There must be be some serious power involved to have a living tree burn.

Power here is still on, obviously, or I couldn't reply.

Has anyone ever called Hydro One to inform them of a power outage?

I have, twice and I'll never call again.

First time, they called me back at 2:00 in the morning to let me know the problem was fixed and asked if I had power.

The second time I reported power was out, I made a point of telling them there was no need to call me back and let me know power was on.

Well, they did, 4:00 in the morning I gets a call saying everything is back on.

I'll never call them again. Hehehe

Guess, they win.

Edited by nofish4me

really nice, wish I had known about this b4

only problem is you have to depend on hydro to power up the old PC and your modem. Maybe a laptop and a wireless connection would work in a pinch. Ah H*ll just pop a cold one it will be over soon

wondered about that one myself...guess you'd have to have one of those Rogers wireless anywhere USB keys?

My power just came back on at 1:30. No power for 6 hours 40 mins. This means no heat, water or sump pump. Spent 20 mins making sure the basement was fully pumped out. A generator would be nice but I'm laid off & money is a little tight. Upside is lots of time for icefishing if the ice gets safe around here.

Best Wishes: Rick

No, we here in Bronte did not lose our power. We very, very seldom lose our power. We had no power last year and I do not know why because it was a nice calm cloudy day. I think the previous time was when most of Canada and USA had no power because of an Ohio power plant screw-up. But we came back on very quickly.

I know how you feel Woodsman about the water in your basement. My basement got flooded about 19 years ago when my sump pump went dead. We came back on Xmas day at about 10:00PM and found our basement flooded.

Today at 8:30AM I turned the TV on to listen to the news on CNN and found that I had no cable. It finally came back at 4:30PM - about 8 hours.

So it was not bad today. In real life, here in Bronte, very seldom do we get the so-called "acts of God" or "man-made" problems. My only fear is my sump pump.

Happy New Year everyone - I hope next year there will be "PEACE, ECONOMIC STABILITY, GOOD HEALTH AND PEOPLE THAT YOU LOVE.

carp-starter