new years resolutions

pike slayer

hey everyone, what are your fishing new years resolutions? do you to catch a pb species of fish? try a new lake or a number of lakes? target a new species? etc etc.

my new years resolution for 2009 is catching a personal best laker. i also want to mainly target specks this coming soft water season. i want to hit them hard almost every weekend. i have a pile of speck lakes/ponds i want to try. and my last is to catch a new species, not sure what yet. so whats yours?

:Gonefishing: Guys this is finally my year to go fishing .Been busy with new fishing guys in the family.Had a wonderfull time with my new boat. Ordered a new lund with a short transom.Got a 9.9 motor from gerrit and waited .Guess what I got. A new lund with a 20 inch transom. Not mutch good with short motor. Well s--t hit the fan at lund but they didn't help mutch except change the plates. I finally sold the short shaft and bought another 9.9 Long shaft through Craig's list. Twice the money.But that's life . I got out only once this year .Come spring watch out this old fart will be burning out the nylon and fireline .Them old brookies dont stand a chance once I arrive. All I can say is all the best for the new year and good fishing. Steve

Mine is simply to get out there as much as I can..... last year was one of the best softwater & hard water season as far as fish quantity.... not the biggest but a lot of them :Gonefishing:

That being said, wouldn't mind hooking into some big eyes or channel cats :canadian:

Leechman

mine is to get out fishing with my wife and son a few more times this year! My son is going ot be 3 we fished off shore a few times and he caught rockbass and small smallmouth. it was a blast!

My wife has been fishing with me once in 10 years (this past summer) so im gong to get her out with me agian this year!

Cheers!

Get out as often as I can and enjoy every minute of it. Learn a few new things. Fish new water. Introduce a couple more kids to the fun in fishing.

Keeping it simple, and keeping it fun.

I couln't have said it much better myself.

Fishing last year (and 1st year as a boat owner) helped me to get to know my brothers-in-law better, patch up a bit of a rift with an old friend, and give my son another reason to look forward to hanging out with his old man.

I have got four cottages booked for next summer and am praying for the winds to lay down a bit more on Erie. In other words I am looking forward to a great softwater season. And, as Biggy said, learning a few things.

Jim

I was the luckyiest 16 year old i think this year. I managed to catch 5 new species and gather up 6 PB's...Fishing a grand total of 83 days this year i was again very lucky and fortunate. So my years resolution is to catch a PB largemouth bass...not a pb bass for a certain lake(i had 3 of those) but a all around PB! With new gear and inspitation i am ready and determined to catch the big one!

Wish me luck everybody :)

Mine is simply to get out there as much as I can..... last year was one of the best softwater & hard water season as far as fish quantity.... not the biggest but a lot of them :Gonefishing:

That being said, wouldn't mind hooking into some big eyes or channel cats :canadian:

Leechman

Oh.... I forgot about that one.... catching my first musky would be the ultimate :canadian::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for reminding me Pure :thumbsup_anim: