What special boxing deal did you get?

okumasheffield

Very disappointed in BPS...I wanted the Clam @ 189... all gone and all I got was attitude from staff. Definitely not the same experience as the US. BTW: Their March Spring Fishing Spectacular is the better deal. I think I'll spend my money with a local business that appreciates it....

Ted

got to BPS at 9:30 , just in time for the 2nd skid of strikemasters to hit the floor[ i was told they were gone] . my first power auger. let the laziness begin,, oh yeah. the only reason i would treat myself to this is because i received enough gift certy's to get it and a couple of goodies for free .

getting the truck off of sacred ground is when the beast reared its ugly head ,, man that was a test. that parking lot got nasty .

point me in the direction of ice ,, any ice . sat's forecast,,, plus what?? plus 12 degrees. go figure. :wallbash:

Edited by waterwolf

I never go to the boxing day sales either. Until today. I saw an Olympus DSLR in a flyer on sale today at Future Shop. Miniumum 8 per store and 600 nation wide available, so they said. There's no way that I was going to get up at 5 or 6 am to stand in line for anything. So I didn't. This afternoon I started looking at reviews for the camera. Turns out that the reviews were really great on this camera on several different review sites. So I started to get the itch. I checked Future Shops web site and it said that there were 291 left nation wide. It didn't say if there were any left locally though. And they don't answer the phone on boxing day. So I decided to jump in the shower and head down there. Half an hour later I was ready to head out when I checked the web site again. 239 left. They had sold 50 more of these cameras in half an hour. So at about 3 pm, away I went. The store wasn't overly busy by then. I walked up to the camera dept. and called Jim, whom I know personally, over. They had a few left. Phew!!! I was in and out of the store in 15 minutes. The camera is an Olympus Evolt E-410. It comes with a 14-42mm lens and a 40-150mm lens. A fantastic buy for only $379.00. Now all I have to do is learn how to use the darn thing.

The other buddy of mine who got up late and was lucky enough to get his Simms L2 in LL

at 6:30pm and he said there were still half shelf left ... not sure about the size.

GBW,

I guess you could try your luck to see if they can match the price for you tomorrow when you go.

As far as I know, no other Simms products were on boxing day sale

I never go to the boxing day sales either. Until today. I saw an Olympus DSLR in a flyer on sale today at Future Shop. Miniumum 8 per store and 600 nation wide available, so they said. There's no way that I was going to get up at 5 or 6 am to stand in line for anything. So I didn't. This afternoon I started looking at reviews for the camera. Turns out that the reviews were really great on this camera on several different review sites. So I started to get the itch. I checked Future Shops web site and it said that there were 291 left nation wide. It didn't say if there were any left locally though. And they don't answer the phone on boxing day. So I decided to jump in the shower and head down there. Half an hour later I was ready to head out when I checked the web site again. 239 left. They had sold 50 more of these cameras in half an hour. So at about 3 pm, away I went. The store wasn't overly busy by then. I walked up to the camera dept. and called Jim, whom I know personally, over. They had a few left. Phew!!! I was in and out of the store in 15 minutes. The camera is an Olympus Evolt E-410. It comes with a 14-42mm lens and a 40-150mm lens. A fantastic buy for only $379.00. Now all I have to do is learn how to use the darn thing.

You are going to love this camera once you get over the learning curve. The absolute best kit lenses around. Can't wait to see some of your future posts! :Gonefishing:

I got a pretty good tripod for $45......

and just my 2 cents.....Vaughan Mills Mall is the biggest pain in the ass in the world....doing calls in there today was like pushing your way through a japanese bullet train during rush hour. The worst part is that It took me 15 minutes with lights and sirens on to get out of the parking lot to get to a dying baby.... sad and people were calling us complaining that their tax dollars aren't being used properly because they can't get out of a parking lot fast enough....

Thank god for fire and EMS :whistling: