First Ice Trout Action - Red Flesh!

Slayingm

With all the cold weather I finally decided to make a trip to a couple of lakes in the Haliburton's on Sunday. Was a cold and partly sunny day to try for some Lakers and splake. Got up there late and only fished for 3 hours but did manage to land 4 fish and miss 2 others. Minnows on light line and small jigging spoons both worked well with fish caught in 20 to 45'. Check out the attached pic and see the difference in the meat on the trout that were caught in a lake that is full of shrimp and the trout's belley's were stuffed full of them. These are some of the best tasting fish out there but these ones are headed to the smoker for some Christmas season snacks. The other pale coloured fish was caught in a lake where minnows are the main forage.... quite a contrast... not only in colour but especially in taste!

Carefull out there.... The deep snow on some of the lakes has pushed the ice down and flooded ontop.... one 1 lake we had 2" of ice then 3" of water and another 3" ice under that.

Be safe out there and don't forget to where your floater suits..... Greg.

Shrimp_Fed_Trout___1.jpg100_0263.jpg

no doubt! he said that word smoker and i cant stop drooling! iam thinking moms x-mas cheese ball,crackers and that nice smoked trout! wow

Buster: Cheese Balls, Crackers, Smoked Trout and a nice glass of wine... now I'm drooling. Hey if you weren't drooling before this pic should do it! :thumbsup_anim:

Merry Christmas Everyone and have a Great and Safe New Year... Greg.

Smokedtrout2.jpg

Edited by Slayingm