Speaking of Music - Anyone going to see Billy Talent?

Joey

Id tell you what I think of billy talent, but if you're going it would probably depress the hell out of you.

of course, im a pretty big metalhead and i find it hard to see past the gnar and into the mainstream side of music.

I'm a metal head.. yet for some reason I do love Billy Talent. Not quite what I'd call emo.. I'd rather listen to BT than Panic at the Disco or Fall Out Boy anyday.

Anyways, I was going to go to the concert but ended up selling my tickets to a couple of friends because my GF is away.

Not a Billy Talent kinda guy, but.... I hear Heaven and Hell (a.k.a. Black Sabbath) are coming

to the Air Canada Center in Toronto. Megadeath and Down are the opening acts.

Tickets go on sale this Friday. I believe the concert is in March.

Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Vinnie Appice and Ronnie James Dio is doing the vocal thing.

He's one of the best rock vocalists in my opinion.

Dio did a couple of albums with Sabbath after Ozzy Osbourne left.

They were Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules. Yes, I have them both. :thumbsup_anim:

Sorry Jo. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Sounds like you're a Billy Talent fan.

Do you have tickets ?

Well I'm sorry, but I think emo is a made up name from young boys who can't find their true selves, or just like to draw attention to themselves by acting and looking like a poor goth kid who's parents don't care, cry me a river (my son had to tell me what emo was as I had no idea).

ANYHOW, I am going because I like Billy Talent and was just wondering if anyone else was going. It wasn't an opinion poll on who DIDN'T like him. I'd already assumed those who don't like him wouldn't be going :rolleyes:

I'm also going beause it's a Friday night and me and my girlfriend are going to have some fun out on the town (Paul's not that fond of him either - but then he has no taste :lol: ). Just thought if anyone was going we could hook up and enter the wet t-shirt contest together :lol::D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Joey

Yes Carp, I have tickets and they're pretty close to the stage.

Dio, now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile. I remember them. I had the first Dio album and the first Metallica album back then and wore grooves so thick in them I couldn't even listen to them anymore. I downloaded a Dio song after you posted that and remember all the words, but it just doesn't sound as good as I used to think, ha ha ha. :dunno::D

Cheers,

Joey

I am a fan of late 70's & 80's rock/metal, but I saw Billy Talent last fall in one of those free Molson Canadian promos (yes free beer). Won tickets via some cell phone text messaging contest. Anyway, took my 19 year old nephew as the wife was not interested and my own kids are too young, BUT IT WAS GREAT. You will certainly enjoy yourself and to me they are better live then on CD - certainly better in a small club. Enjoy!

Carp:

Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Vinnie Appice and Ronnie James Dio is doing the vocal thing.

He's one of the best rock vocalists in my opinion.

Dio did a couple of albums with Sabbath after Ozzy Osbourne left.

They were Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules. Yes, I have them both.

Agree 100% about Dio. But another wicked Black Sabbath album is "Born Again" with Ian Gillan doing the vocals. Sabbath only put out one album with Gillan but, for as far as vocals go, it's one of the finest examples. Gillan hits some insane notes.

Oh and by the way, enjoy the show Joey (sorry for straying off topic). :)

I'm glad to see people getting out to see concerts. With the internet and all the downloads we can get these days, its much easier just to sit home and see what you want there, but I think going to the concert, buying the t-shirt :lol: and just getting in the happy groovin mood with everybody else is alot more fun.

Cheers,

Joey

Was fortunate enough to attend a Black Sabbath show in Detroit, back in the early 80's. Joe Louis arena, Heaven and Hell tour, Dio on vocals and Blue Oyster Cult opening the show.

Dio stopped the show after 3 songs because the first 10 rows on the floor were a all out brawl! Told the audience that if they didn't stop fighting, the band would not play another note!

Dio is ten times the singer Ozzy is... but Ozzy is Ozzy!

Neon Nights - best song by this group of Sabbath's!

HH