Quantum Energy PT Baitcast reel

mistyriver1

Those reels seem to be on a huge sale or with a huge rebate at all times at one place or another. I do not know if they were ever competitive at $190.

I picked one up (with bonus mono line) for $95 when the dollar was good :clapping:

Here is another sale on them, I think this company buys advertising here:

http://www.all-americanoutdoors.com/inc/sdetail/602($15, free shipping)

http://www.all-americanoutdoors.com/inc/sdetail/337 (saltwater model)

forrest

Reason for the reduction in price is to make way for the new lineup of Quantum reels..

Good Fishing,

Justin

Thats what I was told in the summer too. The only thing that seems strange about it is that the big rebate deals have been going on since late 2007.

They have been clearing for a full year now?

forrest

Forrest - many of the reel manufacturer's were offering rebates at that time - Shimano was another one. I believe that was to offer some incentives and to drum up business.

This latest price drop is in order to get rid of stock - "old" models need to be cleared out to make way for the new...

Justin

Hope you live close to Gander Mountain so you can still pop in to get your gear when your local shop goes teats up because too many people chased "the Gander mountain deal" too many times? Oh wait they are in the USA aren't they????? :(

Nothing personal but felt a need to make a point.

Hope you live close to Gander Mountain so you can still pop in to get your gear when your local shop goes teats up because too many people chased "the Gander mountain deal" too many times? Oh wait they are in the USA aren't they????? :(

Unbelievable...........Didn't think it was possible to get bashed over posting what you thought was a good deal that some might be

interested in. <_<

Next time, I won't bother. As a matter of fact hirk, I do support local shops quite regularly....I felt I needed to make that point.

play nice in the sand box....i use small and large shops like many do iam sure, some large based stores have better deals than small , and some small have better than large.. i know i dont buy everything at costco cause i can get better deals for some stuff at mr'joe's store...cheers

Another OFNer gave me some the other day.....I pass on the leftovers to you:

Emmentaler.jpg

Mistyriver1 I owe you an apologie,I am sorry,It was not intended or directed to you personally and I was not trying to slam you.I understand why you posted it and please keep posting,it was just a rant on my part reflecting my opinion on the subject of cross border shopping.

Mistyriver1 I owe you an apologie,I am sorry,It was not intended or directed to you personally and I was not trying to slam you.I understand why you posted it and please keep posting,it was just a rant on my part reflecting my opinion on the subject of cross border shopping.

way to man up! :clapping:

I'm kinda of glad cross border shopping/visiting doesn't bother me nor should it you.

I've never met any body in business north of the border refuse to take my money nor do I mind giving it to them if it's something I want.

Edited by Whopper

I'm kinda of glad cross border shopping/visiting doesn't bother me nor should it you.

I've never met any body in business north of the border refuse to take my money nor do I mind giving it to them if it's something I want.

Yeah, but I just can't see someone smuggling Canadian cigs into the States! :rolleyes: