Bay of Quinte Muskies

Guest steel'n'esox

I have also wondered this, as well as is there any decent musky fishing out on the big lake...

I once came across a recently dead MONSTER 'ski in the whitby harbour, so I would assume if they can be found there, there is probably a fishable population at Quinte?

Also im thinking if there was a fishable population they would probably be giants?

Guest steel'n'esox

Thanx for the reply kemper,many years ago probably close to 25 I caught a small ski 20 inches or so at the old A&P hole aka Bi-Way hole at the Ganny on a roe bag, Im sure there out there in Lake O but the needle in the haystack scenerio might apply there. With the Bay though everything there seems to come in large and xtra large so im hoping the muskies are the same

Lower Niagara, Dalhousie have some targettable populations. I don't see why the north side of the lake wouldn't have them too. For the love of god somebody troll a Jake through Pickering and let me know for sure!

Saw one caught at Pickering, on a shad rap, many years ago.

Sounds like they are in Quinte but are caught by accident. I've heard of huge ones in that bay.

There's some very big muskies that live in the rivers that flow into Quinte, infact only a few miles away, so it would stand to reason that they'd be more plentiful in the Bay, yet there are surprisingly few reports of them.

I've been fishing Quinte since 1955 and have spent alot of time over the years fishing for pike there, yet I have never hooked a musky, never had a follow or even seen one, infact I've never even talked to anyone personally who's caught one there.

But then again, howcum in the 100 years since the locks were built, the pike from Quinte have never found their way up into the eastern Kawarthas ??

Stange stuff indeed :dunno:

I thought Pike were starting to invade the Kawarthas?

There's always the odd report of pike being caught in the western Kawarthas and I spose they are gradually working their way eastward, but certainly not enuff to classify it as an invasion........yet.

There's also scattered reports every year of tigers in there too so there's definetely some inter breeding going on too.

I'd sure love to catch the muskie that feeds on BOQ walleyes....but if Lew says they're not in there...that's good enough for me :)

Who says there not in there, one off the greatest musky fishing is in the st. lawrence river, if there in the river and at the mouth, there in the bay BOQ

Who says there not in there,

Nobody said they weren't any muskies in there, and johnnyb was just making a joke when he used my name, but I think the jist of this thread is that there doesn't seem to be as many muskies in the bay as many folks would expect, considering the large populations of them at either end of Quinte.......both coming & going.

Edited by lew

don't put your gear away until the 13th of December!!

My lake is likely icing up right now. My fishing is done for the season. In all truth, i have never been much of a fall fisherman anyway. Have tried, but once it gets cool and they move off the weeds i am usually pretty lost.

Besides -- isn't the season closer december 15th?

Edited by cram