ice fishing

Hawg Hunter

Guest gbfisher

Which came first?.....The chicken or the egg.... :lol:

I like the Meegs myself but I do as well with the old Williams ice jig for the whitefish. Right beside Meegs who is of course using the original killer lure for Simcoe. Well ....besdides the williams ice jig of course. :D

As the saying goes. To many lures for to many fish and you can't just have one and everyone has their own fave which doesnt work for the next guy or girl. (breath now)... :blink:

I always have a rod rigged with a williams whitefish ice jig in half and half hammered. Whether its the #50 or #60 depends on what I'm after. I swear I could just use that one lure all hardwater season, and catch every species of fish on it!!!

Sinker

bad boyz for whities forsure, i have never had to much luck with the meegs :dunno:

high low rig for perch with minnows skin hooked through the back or a forege minnow in silver and black with a minnow head or berkley honey worm.

BOQ walleye hopkins smoothie spoons with minnow

I fish for brookies through the ice. My "go to lure" is Sutton 44. Don't even need bait. I use it on 4 lb mono and add nothing else to the line. Yes, it does take time for it to reach bottom but it's worth it.

Otherwise, I use a no 8 Gamakatsu Octopus hook and the head of a nightcrawler.

Minnows (dead or alive) are not allowed in my region.