FRESH CHROME FRIDAY!!!! .... with pics

jdmls

Here's a little , retaliation to Silvio and BBNotty's post from yesterday !!!

I had a few hours this morning, and I new the rain would have helped bring in a good run of fish. Figured I would get out today as the rain we are expecting tonight/tomorrow is gonna blow out most of the rivers for the weekend. Water was the perfect greeeeen.... prob about 20" visability, which made for perfect conditions...Picked the wrong river at first light but got to the right one by about 10AM....We fished for 2 hours with not stop action, one after another !!! . The poor roe bag slingers were throwing bags out all morning and we walked in the pool at 10AM with the artificials and cleaned up... In the last few weeks I have gained some new found confidence in flies, jigs, and plastics. The take downs are so much more fierce and aggressive..What a rush when the float just drops 10" in the blink of an eye !!!

Here's a few of the fish we got into

First drift my buddy smacked this fat hen....

P1020512.jpg

I follwed up on my second drift with this football

P1020518.jpg

4th drift Steve hits this freshy

P1020517.jpg

P1020528.jpg

Sorry, had to distort the fly... Silvio has me sworn to secrecy on it !!!

P1020527.jpg

P1020520.jpg

A little west coast pose :rolleyes:

P1020513.jpg

You wouldn't believe it , but I caught this fish again about 3 drifts later on the same single egg pattern...

P1020515.jpg

Even the blue heron was catching fish !!!... I couldn't believe he swallowed this 1lb steelie

P1020525.jpg

P1020523.jpg

And the icing on the cake, was this mid teens male Buck !!....Took Steve a good 15min to finally get him in... What a battle... Amazing watching his IMX turn this fish in and out of every snag it could find.

P1020530.jpg

The stretch makes it look 20lbs, LOL

P1020532-1.jpg

The release

P1020534.jpg

Edited by JDMLS