Getting closer to a lifetime dream!

lookinforwalleye

It has always been a dream of the wife and I to own a waterfront home and it looks like we are getting real close.

It`s a very nice home on Williams Point on Lake Scugog, nice weed free waterfront with a beautiful view.

Lake Scugog fits the bill nicely as it is relatively inexpensive and still within commuting distance to the GTA.

We are going to take a final look at the home this Sunday and if everything goes to plan we will be putting a offer in next week.

If your trolling a bye a nice raised bungalow with a reddish brown roof drop by and say hi.

hopefully that works out for you, I would love to live on the waterfront as well, but for now I guess I will just have to suffer with the view from my camp site :Gonefishing:

I know I wish I could live somewhere like that year round.

All the best, maybe one day you can have the fun of multitasking in your back yard...sneak out and put a rod in when you tell the wife you are cutting the lawn...or BBqing dinner up ;):Gonefishing:

I was fortunate enough to spend my summers at my uncle and aunt's place at Wasaga back in the 60's. They paid 6 thou for that piece of heaven and it's worth well over a mil now. I still get up there when I can and all I can say is DO IT!! I know Scugog well and if you can manage it you better hurry because I'm putting my offer in as you read this!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Being a Real Estate Sales Person I know about people and them finding their dreams...

You know right away when you walk into a place if it fits you... What is meant to be will be! Good Luck on your offer this weekend!

Congrats on finding a place you like and I hope you enjoy every minute of falling in love with it...

Sounds wonderful!

cheers

Jen

I think the others covered it very thoroughly.......act quickly.

If youve already done all the pre-lim's

-hows it heated

-whats the foundation like

-is it town water or well..and if its well..whats it like????

-Whats the roof like, insulation, windows,etc...etc.....

There is just too darn much to mention , but before you fall in love with it...have it checked by a pro for everything....Septics can be a big 'B

We..I should say my wife..searched Nsearched for dang near 3years for our place...and we travelled from Sturgeon Falls"..... (TJ wouldnt have us)

.........to Huron (Goderich) but found this ..

1 acre lot on the Trent river system 5 locks above Bay of Quinte. for sale for taxes owed plus the diff.....thers a pic of it in my Avatar..

If the place blew over we would rebuild...if it burnt down we would rebuild but we will never move,,....

It truly is heaven on earth and in the warmer days of the season...when you waken and step out with java in hand and look around out back........You feel like your on vacation every single freaking day...(still)

BeautifulNbreathtaking.

We wish you success.................beware of the house needs tho....it'll hit you hard in the pocket book and any sort of renovation in some areas with waterfront is difficult.

All the Best with your decision..

I certainly hope it is all you want...

peter

Awesome!

Thats a dream of mine too, well see if there is any property left once i get out of school lol!

oh but I would seriously question whoever said it was weed free waterfront. Because there is only one place I can think of on Scugog (and I know the lake fairly well) that is weed free, and its off the side of a farm

I think the others covered it very thoroughly.......act quickly.

If youve already done all the pre-lim's

-hows it heated

-whats the foundation like

-is it town water or well..and if its well..whats it like????

-Whats the roof like, insulation, windows,etc...etc.....

There is just too darn much to mention , but before you fall in love with it...have it checked by a pro for everything....Septics can be a big 'B

We..I should say my wife..searched Nsearched for dang near 3years for our place...and we travelled from Sturgeon Falls"..... (TJ wouldnt have us)

.........to Huron (Goderich) but found this ..

1 acre lot on the Trent river system 5 locks above Bay of Quinte. for sale for taxes owed plus the diff.....thers a pic of it in my Avatar..

If the place blew over we would rebuild...if it burnt down we would rebuild but we will never move,,....

It truly is heaven on earth and in the warmer days of the season...when you waken and step out with java in hand and look around out back........You feel like your on vacation every single freaking day...(still)

BeautifulNbreathtaking.

We wish you success.................beware of the house needs tho....it'll hit you hard in the pocket book and any sort of renovation in some areas with waterfront is difficult.

All the Best with your decision..

I certainly hope it is all you want...

peter

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

If anybody knows Scugog then you know you have to be careful as a lot of the waterfront is more like weedfront, some lots are so choked with weeds you can not get your boat to your dock with out a push pole, the one we like is weed free with a solid bottom.

I have never owned a rural property so I know nothing about septics,wells etc. We plan on having the house,well and septic inspected by someone who has experience with this type of property and I belive it is a requirement to have the well tested if you are going for a mortgage. I have spoken to some of the neighbors and they say there are no issues with the water.

When we set out we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted, a lot of properties on Scugog are heated with either electric,propane or oil we preferred gas and thats what we have in this property. We wanted a lot with ample parking and a storage spot for the boat in the off season which oddly enough is not always available. We looked at a few properties that had little or no parking or storage.

Over all the house looks sound and has been home for the current owners for 30 years.

Hope it works out for you, and yes, a well test is required, regardless of what the neighbors say about no issues with water. It will be an issue with the well on the property being able to provide you with appropriate water flow per given hour, and other things such as contamination/bacteria. My bud went through this 3 yrs. ago, and that was one of the major factors in the purchase of the property, along with the existing septic field.

Hope it works out for you, and yes, a well test is required, regardless of what the neighbors say about no issues with water. It will be an issue with the well on the property being able to provide you with appropriate water flow per given hour, and other things such as contamination/bacteria. My bud went through this 3 yrs. ago, and that was one of the major factors in the purchase of the property, along with the existing septic field.

Well after some additional investigation we have found that the current septic system is 40+ years old and the well is dug and not drilled so more investigation is required before an offer will be submitted.

The regulations regarding septics has changed considerably since the 60`s so extra due dilegence is required here to avoid potentially expensive headaches down the road.

Only thing Sue said to me when we looked at this place was "Well, the only thing we can't change is the location right?". Truer words were never spoken, today we have changed just about everything but the location. It was hard work and it has taken us 7 years and we still aren't finished but I would love to invite you and your wife to come for a visit, see some "before" pictures and see what we have been able to do with it. It's not perfect but it is comfortable, it's a home. 40 year old septic system if it is working properly no problem, if it isn't.... get a quite.

Dug well, if it supplies enough water, no problem, drilled wells tend to be high in minerals, sometimes iron and sulpher. They can be removed but it costs money. A dug well, might need a UV purifier to insure water quality, about $700.00 big deal!

We live on Sturgeon Lake, we would be happy to sit down and talk with you about our experiences if you would like.