BPS Bargain Bin Blues

tbayboy

How many times has this happened to anyone else here. I drive up to BPS for, well becaues it was payday what other excuse do I need? So that means I'm not looking for anything in particular, just checking out whats on sale. Sure enough I start digging through the x-rap piles they always have and pick up a couple that I'm sure I don't have (shad and perch, one shallow one deep).

So I'm happy as a clam that I kept the bill under 3 figures (picked up a spinner bait box and some new cheap backup sunglasses as well). Get home and open up the plano boxes with my crank baits and sure enough right in front of me are the exact same lures. Sigh. I suppose I could drive back and try to switch them but what the hell I'm sure I'll loose the originals to some underwater log at some point and now I have backups but I swear I'm gonna have to write some mobile phone software that keeps track of my lures so I can check what I have when I'm wandering the aisles.

Anyhow, thats my rant for today - was still a nice day for a long drive and buying fishing stuff is kinda like actually fishing right?

Have a great weekend OFNers :)

yes you got that right,i went to JB'S today and did the same thing ive never been there so it was just like being in a new candy store :thumbsup_anim: they have got a great selection ,and lots of lures plastics,tubes all kinds of stuff and if you are a muskie guy they have tons of big lures..the only thing they dont have is room :blink: its kinda tight in there not much room to move but thats ok...i will be back and brian said he will be getting alot of new salmon stuff for when i fish lake ontario :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: and besides you always need doubles in some things because you donate some to the lake/river bottom....cheers

How many times has this happened to anyone else here. I drive up to BPS for, well becaues it was payday what other excuse do I need? So that means I'm not looking for anything in particular, just checking out whats on sale. Sure enough I start digging through the x-rap piles they always have and pick up a couple that I'm sure I don't have (shad and perch, one shallow one deep).

So I'm happy as a clam that I kept the bill under 3 figures (picked up a spinner bait box and some new cheap backup sunglasses as well). Get home and open up the plano boxes with my crank baits and sure enough right in front of me are the exact same lures. Sigh. I suppose I could drive back and try to switch them but what the hell I'm sure I'll loose the originals to some underwater log at some point and now I have backups but I swear I'm gonna have to write some mobile phone software that keeps track of my lures so I can check what I have when I'm wandering the aisles.

Anyhow, thats my rant for today - was still a nice day for a long drive and buying fishing stuff is kinda like actually fishing right?

Have a great weekend OFNers :)

Don't get your Calvin's in a knot TbayBoy. :wacko:

Never hurts to keep extra lures around because the popular ones get pretty beaten up or lost to logs, rocks,

break offs, etc.

I have lots of doubles, triples, quads, quintuplets and even a sixtuplet of salmon spoons.

(I hope I got the spelling right.) Lots of doubles, triples in body baits and other tackle too.

I lose a few of my favourites every now and then, so it's nice to know I have backup.

I hate it though when I lose one that's not replaceable, especially if it's a good lure for me.

There's one salmon plug (colour) that I can't find at any local shops.

It used to be very popular 10 - 15 years ago,

but I lost one of the two I had last summer to a monster bow

that decided it wanted to be an astronaut.

Look for it every chance I get, but no luck.

Guess I can order it, if it's even made anymore. :dunno:

There will be more deals I'm sure.

At least got a deal on the duplicates.

Tightlines dude. :thumbsup_anim:

I used to do that all the time, but the older I get the better my purchase resistance has become. I keep telling myself if I can't catch fish with the 1000+ lures I now have do I really need anymore...I do have to admit that on occasion the answer is yes. Now it's a different story with gadgets however.

Yep .. happens all the time ... often because I want the duplicates ... when something is working I wanna be able to shar ewith my boatmates ... but often I think I have found the 'perfect' new colour or pattern or size ... and when I get home ... voila ... musta been there already :)

Good thing though is at least I still thinkits a good lure (obviously because I bought it like I had never seen it before) - come to think of it .. maybe the fish wont realize they too have seen it before :) :) :)

Thats the funny bit, I'm just building up my collection (was away from fishing for a while and generally borrowed gear) so I have a total of about oh 10 crank baits so to buy 2 duplicates is just embarassing. Is 36 too young for senility? But I'm sure I'll find a use for them sooner rather than later so no big deal (at least they were on sale).

Guest mistyriver1

Tbayboy, nothing wrong with having spares. :)

Nice to have met you Mark and good to see you again Dave. :thumbsup_anim:

See you both next weekend on Cooks ??

Lew, there must have been something in the air .... I didn't spend anything at BPS either....I did all my shopping at the entrance ;)

Thats the funny bit, I'm just building up my collection (was away from fishing for a while and generally borrowed gear) so I have a total of about oh 10 crank baits so to buy 2 duplicates is just embarassing. Is 36 too young for senility? But I'm sure I'll find a use for them sooner rather than later so no big deal (at least they were on sale).

I did the same thing the other week. I saw them in the bin at BPS and thought that they looked good. Turns out I thought they looked good in a different store a few weeks before! Hey at least were consistant!

Must be something to do with being in our 30's Tbayboy!!! :dunno: