7 of 12 Salmon in one week

bassfighter

DON"T GIVE UP ON SALMON FISHING YET!

Landed this Salmon two days ago, monday morning, a poor image angle, I have to hold the bloody fish on one hand and took the picture with the other hand.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/b...um/IMG_9824.jpg

To my luck and surprise, quite a few fresh Salmon came into the local tribe since the mini snow falls on Oct 21. I was at the right time and place with the right minnow plug lure. They were not too keen on glow cleo this time. Only caught one with a glow cleo, but they attacked the Dollarama minnow lures. Others were using Rapala chertreuse colored plug and do well likewise.

Went on 4 occasion, stayed mostly for 1-2 hours, left by 8:00pm to avoid the aggravaton from the crowd and landed 7 out of 12 since last Wednesday. My best day was on Wednesday of Oct 22, landed 3 for 7 in 1 1/2 hours when the place was still quiet, lost one spoon and two lures that evening while using only 10 lb line, I ran out of lures to use, was shaking from excitement after the 5th fishfight.

Tons of people were fishing after the news spread around, many were snagging them. Hard to find a decent fishable spot now.

I went again this morning for couple of hours, the fish were not too active this time, Lost 2 with mediocre hook set, fought for 20 seconds, made one leap and lure came off. Not sure if it was the weather that turned off the fish or they were just about had it, fish might be too focus on spawning.

I also saw Coho and Brown swimming in the area, but have not seen nor heard one caught so far.

Edited by bassfighter

seems to be getting off task again on the salmon post.

I dont see what is wrong with having a 20 lb beast chinny smash a plug at the mouth of a river and take you for the fight of your life. Anyone think musky are strong? Give a fresh 25 lb Chinny a run on the lake, you might be surprised.

again, good fishin.

I dont see what is wrong with having a 20 lb beast chinny smash a plug at the mouth of a river and take you for the fight of your life. Anyone think musky are strong? Give a fresh 25 lb Chinny a run on the lake, you might be surprised.

again, good fishin.

Totally Agree!!!

again, good fishin.

Totally Agree!!!

Agree also, no need to be stomping Josh he is a good guy, As for your report good job things can be rather difficult

when your fishing alone and you hook up on a big one.

Edited by PatrickG

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS!

Where were you hiding Patrick when I needed you to help me land these monster fish! I hardly have any picture of my catch because no one to hold the camera or take picture. I just do not want my camera to smell slimmy afterwards or take too long for the fish to be out of the water. I also lost one lure when my 10lb line broke right when I was about the grab the fish by its tail.

I am also a steelheader and only use lures such as grubs, spoon, crank bait or spinners to catch my trout. One reason I have not used eggs nor any live bait for 5 years to catch any of my cold water fish.

If you guys have the motivation to entice a Salmon or Trout to strict a lure. You have arrived! Nothing beats the feel of the a huge fish grabbing our lure, adding the confidence of controlling our lure at a slow speed without it getting snagged at the bottom of creeks and on rivers.

Edited by bassfighter

The Pic looks like a release shot,..and the fish is bleeding alot,...i dunno,..Ive always gone by the rule of thumb that when a fish bleeds alot, chances are it will die, not that I would keep a nook anyways.

:angel:

Thanks for airing out your thoughts! ... and mine LOL!

Except I wasn't going to post mine... dying nook... nuff said.

:devil:

p.-