Attempted moose hunt

Bernie

Took last week off to go moose hunting but the weather sure didn't take the week off. My dad and I and three other hunters headed in last Sunday morning. The sun was shining and all was looking good, even the forecast was saying it was going to be OK.

The trail into the camp sure took a beating over the summer with the wet weather. We ended up cutting around some bottomless mudholes along the way in.

P1020212.jpg

We hunted on Monday morning with no success and then it started to pour rain. Even at this point the weather guy said it would stop by the next morning. So we huddled up in camp and the guys hooked up the beer keg.

Next morning we woke up to this. It sure looks pretty but a real mess in the bush, no way to hunt in this situation. Another day in camp.

P1020218.jpg

P1020227.jpg

Still didn't melt through the day on Tuesday and it still wasn't going to improve for a couple more days. We were planning on coming out on Thursday anyway so we said enough and headed home. It took a lot of chainsawing to remove the fallen trees and branches. We stopped at a nearby camp on the way back out for a break. My ATV looked more like a Ski doo.

P1020229.jpg

P1020233.jpg

P1020232.jpg

One more week of work and it's back to the camp for a week of deer hunting. Hope the weather holds a little better next trip.

It makes it easy to track them alright but the dang snow was so heavy it bent over the trees. No way you could walk through the bush. We did cut a cow track on the way out but no calf. No Bull or cow tags makes for a tougher hunt.

wow lots of snow

but I hear it makes it easier to track them...LOL

When your bow hunting it does. But with a rifle,it should be a no brainer.

Smart :asshat::blahblah1::lol::lol:

I always prefer to hunt with snow on the ground. Makes for easy looking. Well,if you cant see a moose,then maybe you need my glasses.LOL

TFS

Sorry to hear that your hunt didn't go as plan :(

That type of weather is real hard on refreshments but no where on earth beats a day spent at camp with the boys :DB) and as others mention, the pic of the water and trees just takes my breath away :D

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Bernie

Was talking to a fellow worker that was up last week aswell. The snow really put a damper on thier hunt,but they did make the trec for a morning and were rewarded with a young bull.

Deer sightings were unreal he said,but also stated they would be gone when the season opened.LOL

Ha. Brian, it often seems that we see lots of deer in moose season and lots of moose in deer season. :wacko:

Not really disappointed that we didn't get a moose though. Lots of work when you do isn't it? :lol::rolleyes:

Our crew isn't too fortunate to get bull or cow tags. We haven't gotten one for several years.

Bernie great pics there wasent many swamp donkies taken here this yr either weather related,off topic are those Mudzillas on your Can Am id love to get a set wondering how they perform

Ya, I hope the weather is a little better next week.

Great tire back there Northeast. Very aggressive with awesome traction. But a little rough riding when running slow and hard trail. I only use that set when I'm back there in the mud. My previous set were Super Swampers. They were a little smoother to run with but made my steering heavy. I also found they were able to crawl out of a rut better than the "Zillas". I get to try out all kinds of tires, they all have their pros and cons. The trick is to get a tire that suits your needs. (and your budget).

Otherwise the original style tire is my main use at home with a set of chains on them for the snowplow.