Gbay salmon?

singingdog

I have fished the Notty mouth since the beginning of September and have spoken to other anglers that frequent the rivers, from reliable anglers, I gather they started mid August and were pretty much done by 2 week of September (about the time I caught my Coho). I've been up there the last four weeks and have not had much of a sniff let alone a bite. The rainbow trout already appear to be slightly deeper into the rivers this year compared to last year (likely due to higher water). Seen one brief hook up (lasted about 5 secs) last week by a person bottom fishing with roe in the 3 hrs I was there.

I'll likely be up there again this Sunday, if I land a fish, I'll post it, if not, well.....

Tight lines,

Stan

Friend said he caught his first salmon in the rivers up there on Aug 14th after a huge rain. he said by first week of sept run was over. im still catching salmon right now, still some silver ones coming in. the river i fish get s a run of salmon in november every year after the first heavy rain. stay on the rivers and fish them, timing is key is no salmon then u should get some small bows.

No salmon for me but a few shakers this year in the Notty. I'll most likely be fishing it again this weekend.. The cooler temps at night should have gotten things going a bit.

I'll still most likely be tossing spinners as I haven't made my mind up about a float rod/reel or a noodle rod/spinning setup.