NF - our new tow vehicle arrived

maybe

Jeff and I started shopping for a used Suburban-type tow vehicle early this month. A few weeks ago, I posted asking for tips on where to look in the GTA. Thanks again for all the replies and PMs!

I really need to stop and single out SlowPoke for extra kudos here. He really went above and beyond, giving me a comprehensive crash course on stuff you only learn by living with these critters for years. Having access to that kind of information is absolutely invaluable when it comes to getting something right your first time. Not to mention, it makes the whole experience a lot less stressful. No wondering if I'd stupidly missed something that'd bite me later. That in and of itself was amazing.

So, Brian...THANK YOU AGAIN for the education, and for looking out for us! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Going into this, I wasn't sure I wanted leather...and that's what's in 99.9% of these critters. Seriously limiting if you're looking for cloth seats in something used. Eventually, trolling Trader.ca, we found out that Boyer's in Pickering had a leather 2004 Yukon and a cloth 2004 Avalanche we could A/B test the seats in. Last Monday night, we hoofed down to check them out.

I gotta say, my butt fell in love the instant it touched down in that Avalanche. Comfy seats, contoured just right, very grippy upholstry...everything I like. Then I hopped into the Yukon, and immediately slid forward 2 inches. Ugh. Meanwhile, Jeff's in the driver's seat with his eyes glazing over like it's Xmas. Allrighty then.

My thought, when we got back from the test drive: "I guess leather's tolerable...not like this is my main car. Now we can start looking around seriously."

Jeff's internal monologue was apparently much closer to "OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!!!!" because as soon as that thing was in park, he was outta there. Just a cloud of dust swirling above the seat. By the time I made it out of the truck, he's found the sales guy, and wafting across the parking lot I hear "we'll take it!"

We WILL, you say? Right. Well, just gimme a min to retrieve my jaw from under this thing so I can sign papers. :lol: Way more than I'd intended to spend, but it was an absolute *steal* and Jeff was practically vibrating - I couldn't say no. Goodbye bank account, hello 2004 GMC Yukon XL SLT.

2898742906_7701662bc5_o.jpg

79k on the odometer, GM Optimum recertified, bumper to bumper for years, and every toy imaginable except traction control and rear wheel steer. Perfect - those are 2 toys I didn't want.

We picked the monster up on Saturday morning, and spent the weekend road tripping. A few things are becoming very clear:

1) this thing's going to get a lot more road time than we'd figured on

2) driving a Saturn's made my big truck skills go poof

3) I'm gonna enjoy practicing :D

Thanks again, OFC...for enabling our fishing habit, and for helping out on the NF stuff. ;)

Congrats on your luxury tank purchase Tangledlines, seriously do her justice by using Royal Purple synthetics front to back to make her run smoother quieter and make her last much longer especially while towing.You will also pick up a few KPL.