September 28th - Ottawa River Quyon QC Report

Leecher

Hi everyone,

been a while since I was out on the water and today the plan was to head out to Quyon on the Mighty Ottawa and see if we could get into ski's but to our dispair, could not get any to take our offerings.

The weather was nice but windy, gusting from the North..... water temp was at 65 degrees..... proceeded on the north side of the main channel and started throlling in about 15' 20' fow. First to get a hit is Paul and landed this little pike.

i247472865_87840_2.jpg

Did not get anymore hits and decided to try our luck in the first bay that was in our trolling path but that meant going to the south side..... as we moved closer and closer to the first bay, the waves were getting bigger and looking towards the North.....could see white caps :w00t:

We kept going for a while but the waves were just pounding the side of the boat and eventually decide to make a u turn and head back in the main channel on the North side.

We finally arrived, not too wet but a little shaken up from the rough waters and started to work the weed edge with spinner baits.

Didn't take long, Paul gets another hit and lands a beautiful 13" crappie.

i247472866_9838_2.jpg

I just could not believe the size of this fish :w00t: We kept moving along and all of sudden we get to a flat that was about 4' to 6' feet deep with weeds and started catching snot rockets left and right.... sorry guys, did not take any pics of them cause they weren't picture worthy....... but we manage to catch between 15 - 20 of them in a spawn of 30 minutes B)

After this frenzy started to slow down we decided to resume throlling for ski's and what do you know, I get a hit and boated a 27" pike. Took a couple of pics of that one.

i247472867_85388_2.jpg

i247472868_21822_2.jpg

The red on the tail end is not blood.... came out of the water that way. Looked like some other fish had taken a bite off of it.

All in all was a good afternoon spent on the water and will surely return.

Hope you enjoy this report

Until next time

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

Nice report Jacques....I watched you and Paul troll past the house yesterday....I had just come in after trolling for Muskie all morning long...

Thanks Steve. We did past in front of your house and actually waved..... don't know if you saw me doing that. Man the water was rough in your bay and did not spend to much time there. We actually went back to the main channel on the North side.... was much smoother there :D

Thanks guys for the replies. Was a super day out there and just never seen a big crappie like this before. I caught one last winter that was 12" but 13" :w00t: First one I ever see.

Will be trying for ski's in that new area we just scouted and keep at it until I get one :D

Leechman