cold, wet weather attire

bigcreekdad

As far as gloves go I have a pair that are water proof and quite warm. I got them from the national geographic catalog (I think so anyway they were a gift). I'm quite pleased with them. Also the gloves that leave your fingers open, or you can cover them with the flap are good too. You can get these anywere.

it's not cold yet , just the start of fun fall fishin :Gonefishing:

for me, depending on how bad the weather actually is..I have a great Columbia gortex rain suit, if applicable and I wear boots, I have the Kamik's also..good bang for the buck, if it's super cold I wear my Mustang Floater, a nice warm Thinsulate touque,once your head gets warm it actually stays too hot..lol, as for gloves, I can never fish with gloves on even ice fishin so I just tough it out or play lots of pocket pool :dunno:

In general this time of year I don't bundle up all that much, I love the fall weather, I don't like getting toosoft with the warm clothes, I like to slowly climatize myself so I am a bit accustomed to it when I am out there in my boat in the middle of january in a snow storm hunting down the steelies :Gonefishing:

Float suits rock if you have one. Layers are my friend. I purchased my rain gear larger than I needed so I can add at least 2 layers underneath, thermal and fleece. Gloves.....I carry several pairs..one gets wet, just grab another.

Floater suit ,even on Oct /Nov days as the water temps would make for a cold dip.

best solution I have found for gloves is the rawhide lined mitts that come halfway up your forearm

easy to throw off when needed and put on. Spare pair of insulated workgloves as back up .

Any old toque will do and off course rubber boots!

Cold hands are part of the experience just keep my feet ,head and core cozy and I could fish all day .

TB