Gas stations

Clampet

Basically, its just a bunch of Bull.

Two words sum it all up.....

Supply & Demand.

The gas companies know we HAVE to have gas, therefore can charge $1.38/L and we will pay it.

Heck, they can charge $2.00/L and we are still going to pay that.

Until a whole bunch of people take a stand and don't buy guys for a while, nothing will change.

I just dont know how certain people can sleep at night knowing they are bending everyone in Canada over each time we go to the pumps. How can you be alright with charging people the same price per litre today, when a barrel is worth $91, as you did a few weeks back when it was $140ish a barrel? Its obvious that its gouging....but no one is doing a darn thing about it.

That's the thing - supply and demand are NOT currently driving the gas prices. Market speculation is. Gas prices are set using the daily NYMEX rates which have been all over the place lately. S&D should be driving the price, but it's not - gas is not following the basic "rules" of economics, which is leading to huge problems in many areas - namely the US.

Market speculation in the US and the US sub-prime mess is dragging the entire World into a recession.

Another thing - I don't think that there is too many "independant" gas stations out there that actually "own" the gas they pump. It is far too expensive and a comparatively small business for the "big" oil companies to sell to independants.

I would bet that most gas stations are filling up with Petro Canada, Shell, Mobil gas and taking a per litre commission for pumping the gas for the big companies. Come the time the tanks are re-filled (or maybe when they are filled), the driver takes the readings on how much was pumped and a cheque is cut for the fuel, less the commission.

I have seen Shell trucks filling tanks at non-Shell independant stations.

Just a theory I have.

People in Venezuela are not paying world prices for the oil and gas that comes out of their ground. So why are we paying world prices for Canadian fuels. That is the bigger question.

Why a gas station charges this or that price is simply price fixing to max profits. Oil company, investors and the tax man all win. We get screwed. The bigger screw is the one all us Canadians get shafted with when we sell all our resources away and pay triple, or more, to buy it back. All the while, the boys on Wall St and Bay St. laugh while they make their puppets dance in Ottawa. Why do you think the main political parties have leaders that look pretty, but lack the necessary backbone to face real issues.

That's my rant

The price of gas in Venezuela is subsidized by their government.

Cheers

Craig

Right now the big three producers in Canada have a monopoly and have decided to work together for their own benefit. If you notice the profit margin has increased significantly and they want to keep it high. That is the real reason why pricing has now become standardized. Why are traders selling off oil & gas now? They have to cover their margins due to the market crash.

Opps my thread got edited, forgot that some women (or men--edit thread) got offended. Couldnt help being male for a second. Ill be nice and say.

Yes indead, it would be nice to see these thieving freakers get hung by their nu.....ur nails

Edited by holdfast