This doesn't seem fair

TennesseeGuy

I'm sitting here playing with the computer, watching fast cars and drinking a can of Labatt Blue. Paid $15.44 for the case at SamsClub in Hermantown, MN on the way home from my last trip to Ontario. I wish you guys up there could enjoy better prices on your drinks. I loaded up with a few cases of beer and several bottles of wine that my Doctor makes me drink every night before hitting the sack. Had to sign a form promising the purchase was not for resale.

Nice doctor.....

Blue why oh why? I don't care what you paid for it, it still ain't worth it. Nastiest tasting brew I ever drank. Although for some reason it was always the number one selling brew in Canada back in the day when I drank. I could never figure it out either. I used to have search everytime I went by the plant where they made it for where they kept the goats and mules they organically filtered it through. Could smell em but could never see em. LOL

Anyhow hope you are enjoying the cheap suds..... but you could have at least bought a molson product.

Joe is right. I'm sipping on a few Budweisers imported from Minnesota just this morning while watching the same race. The Canadian beer sent down for sale to the US is not the same stuff that we buy up here. The standards are lower down there and we meet them for export purposes. But the Bud that I'm sipping on at the moment is made for importing back into Canada only at the duty free shop. Same stuff that I buy down the block at the Beer Store. In fact I can take my cans back for the refund as well. Enjoy the race TG and Joe. The 48 will win.

ya it is too bad that we pay rediculous prices for the booze...

living close to the border i too often bring some beer back across - never noticed a huge difference it taste... think it may depend more on how fresh it is

i too am watching the left turn derby as well for a bit before i sneak out for some fish'n

Jimmys holding the lead so far... :thumbsup_anim:

I never pass up a duty free store.

In past days I made lots of beer, lots of times and it was good. Let it age 2 weeks and it matched Bud. Age a month or two and it became great, or at least that's what I thought.

By the way, my Blue can has "Imported" painted on it. At the beer stores in Fort Frances and Red Lake I think a case goes for $40 or more. Doesn't seem right. If I ever stay more than three weeks or so in Ontario, I might set up shop and do a little cooking. Won't venture a guess on what Dawg would do, but I think a couple of us know.

A farmer in a neighboring county had his barn roof blown off and rain ruined his hay. He offered it to me to put on my garden and when getting it my pitchfork hit metal. Copper. Lots of copper. Told the farmer about it and he said, "Oh yeah, I was keeping that for a guy."

BillM, that price is good, but I haven't been able to find it.

nancur373, how about sharing your information with us. What you use, how you do it and so on. The ingredients I used to us (in the 70's & 80's) don't seem to be around any more. I still have all my equipment except I'm a little low on bottles. Don't really know what to buy to start over. I have two 6 1/2 gallon fermentation tanks + all the rest.

Whoops, I should have said MGD, not MDG... I guess I have had a few to many :)

TenneseeGuy, no matter what the beer as long as it's cold I have nothing to complain about.. I am not to much of a beer snob.. Now Rye/Whiskey is a different story :)

I'm sitting here playing with the computer, watching fast cars and drinking a can of Labatt Blue. Paid $15.44 for the case at SamsClub in Hermantown, MN on the way home from my last trip to Ontario. I wish you guys up there could enjoy better prices on your drinks. I loaded up with a few cases of beer and several bottles of wine that my Doctor makes me drink every night before hitting the sack. Had to sign a form promising the purchase was not for resale.

Finally somebody has noticed this outrageous injustice :w00t:

Wait a minute!!!!!. After having two more Heinekens I’ve come to a conclusion

that a price of beer is only responsible for about 0.000000001% of total fairness. I can live with that :thumbsup_anim:

P.S. Does your doctor accept new patients?