47 x 20 + 44 incher = great muskie night ***UPDATED***

MuskieWannabe

Headed out last night, which was going to be hit or miss because there were calls of thunderstorms, but as luck would have it, we didn't get any at all and ended up being a pretty nice day, weather-wise, on the water.

We hit the water around 5:30 pm and started the troll off right away. I put us into a spot that I had caught some fish before and by 6pm we had a screamer. My buddy grabbed the rod and the battle was on. Not long after the fish came shooting out of the water so I yelled to the fron of the boat for the rod tip to stay down, and also because I didn't want him to see the fish. I had taken Collin out before without any luck. I think he has caught a couple small muskies before but this was not going to be one of them. I could see her out the back of the boat and could tell she was a big girl. The battle took only a few minutes or so, although it seemed a lot longer. She kept wanting to come shooting out of the water so I just kept telling Collin to keep that tip down and keep her coming.

As she got close to the boat I got the net in the water for a nice smooth catch. I took the hooks out of her and kept her in the net, THANK YOU STACEY FOR THE NEW NET!!!. We had the camera ready so I pulled her out and handed her to Collin. I snapped a few quick photos and we got her back in the water. I held her boatside for about 10 minutes before she kicked away. She didn't go too far and wasn't too keen on going anywhere so I used the electric and grabbed her again to help her along. Another 5 minutes or so and she went down and took off with a good whip of the tail.

She was a beauty and will live to fight again!!! Hopefully see her in a few months!!! She measured in at 47" X 20". Congrats Collin.

gallery_2089_500_33927.jpg

Out of respect for other guys that fish the area I blacked out the background. Sorry if it offends anyone but I think it's the right thing to do in this case.

So, about an hour after that was released we ended up pulling up another girl, this time it was my turn! It was only 50 yrds from where the previous had come from. She was a nice 44".

gallery_2089_500_20215.jpg

Again, netted her nice and easily, quick photo and had her back in the water. This one kicjked away pretty quickly and was off to fight another day.

Ended up being one of the most successful days on the water yet and will be one for the books.

Cheers,

MW

Edited by MuskieWannabe

So I know Muskiewannabe and his buddy pretty well and I have received calls last night and this morning from his buddy telling me about the evening...He is still screaming like a little girl about that fish...Now that big black cloud behind ya,s looks like a swarm of may flies....Again nice work B. I don't think I will ever hear the end of this one :wallbash: