Restoule Report

nancur373

Well folks we had a great time camping for a week at Restoule Park. Didn't get a lot of fishing in with the kid being under the weather, rain every day from Tuesday on, and the ever so consistant nagging from the Mother-in-Law who can't seem to do nothing for herself. (my apologies to all women, but this one is helpless). Lots of sunfish, pupmkinseed, perch and WGSF from the dock for the little ones. I caught a 1.5 - 2lb SMB from the dock one day who while I was lipping for a pic flicked so hard that it jumped right out of my hand before the camera snap. My wife laughrd her ass off. Did quite a bit of trolling with only 2 tiny pickeral and some WGSF to show for it. Didn't know the lake but go figure I found a nice little bay on the last day when me and the wife were out alone, with no 18month old to watch, which produced a little. We fished by an old beaver house for about an hour from 4-5pm. anchored. The wife landed a ton of sunfish, WGSF and a few small SMB. I managed 2 SMB @ 1lb 10oz at I think 15" and one pike @ 24" 3lb. Hope to get pics up by tomorrow. Oh btw my new-to-me boat I love. The 9.9 pushes her just fine for now. She got one leaky rivet which leaves about an inch of water in the back end after 12 hours sitting at the dock. Thanks to all those who gave me info about the lake.

Cheers,

Curt

Edited by nancur373

Sounds like the MIL gave you a chance to get out alone with the wife so can't be all that bad??

Did you get a chance to fish some of the nearby lakes as mentioned by some of the members? I'd love to get back up to Restoule one day. My only trip there was about 10 years ago when I wasn't fishing yet.

Thanks for the report and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Other than your child being ill, your MIL and all the rain. At least you got out and caught a few fish and spent some quality time with the family.Looking forward to the pictures.

i must admit, kraft dinner definetly does taste the best when its on my head.

i guess your son is just like me.

nice smallies. i remember getting stranded in a canoe on that lake, or maybe it was missinaibi. whatevs.