GPS Trading Liink

bucktail

Not sure if everyone would be up for it, but I was thinking if there was enough interest we could pin a GPS Request topic link to the top of the page.

People could request a few GPS spots and be answered by PM for a trade for other spots. Completely voluntary of course.

Not a place for a whole milk run but maybe a spot to help people start off on new bodies of water?

Darren

Your absolutely right about what happened to Simcoe on the ice and soft water is no different.

Honestly, I will never post any GPS location on cyber world naming the smaller lakes is bad enough already way to many lurkers around. You might think I'm selfish but I have seen the negative outcome from a few open mouths from people alone so this idea might not be so great but hey, that's my opinion.

I think fishing reports in general without being to specific is more than enough to get people started including those who's never fished before. The lakes here are not that big where you need other peoples GPS co-ordinates but sure it would be nice. Topo maps gives you plenty of info. If that is not enough go ask a tackle store or nearby marina on that lake for a current report on fish activity.

In my opinion to increase your success rate of catching more fish is education and knowledge before you go out buying all the fancy equipment.

This time of the year people target Bass, Pickeral, Perch, pike, muskies etc... Ask yourself this what do they feed on at this time of the year? What type of habitat do they like? What dept of water? What temperature makes these fish active or inactive etc... etc...

Knowing these answers will make you become a better all around angler on any given lakes and not just one lake. If you still can't catch fish I would suggest a reservour, provincial park or even a fish farm to build some confidence.

If this doesn't interest you perhaps a guide? Sure it cost money but you can learn tons of information in a few hours oppose to surfing the net all day or months. Paul from Cast Adventure 1-888-512-8127 guides Lake Erie and Niagara. If you don't like to fish those waters and like the Kawarthas and surroundings than Peter from FishCrazy (647) 227-2208 is your man.

Another question for you is IF somebody gave you there GPS co-ordinates how accurate do you think it is? It might send you to the shallow water and tear out your lower unit on your motor... then what?

If this sounds harsh I appologize but these are things to keep in mind... Happy fishing!!!

I don't have any "spots" per se but shudder to think a ton of lurkers would show up if my favourite back lakes were exposed. There is a bit of adventure in "finding" your own spots.

Just my opinion..

I give GPS coordinates to things like launch sites, restaurants, stores that sell fishing stuff, bait stores, bars and hotels but when it comes to pointing out small lakes and the backcountry roads to get to these places....that's another thing. And those honey holes that I have discovered over the years....they stay secret.

Ill give spots on big bodies of water ie: Lake Erie and such in PM but not out loud on the board.

But I always am careful and selective with whom I do it.

I thought it might be a nice link to have sort of like the hook ups link.

Misfish hooked me up with that spot that coughed the monster smallie last year and I appreciated it. Willing to trade with some straight up people.

My notebook is always open for you Pete!

Edited by bucktail

Your absolutely right about what happened to Simcoe on the ice and soft water is no different.

Honestly, I will never post any GPS location on cyber world naming the smaller lakes is bad enough already way to many lurkers around. You might think I'm selfish but I have seen the negative outcome from a few open mouths from people alone so this idea might not be so great but hey, that's my opinion.

I think fishing reports in general without being to specific is more than enough to get people started including those who's never fished before. The lakes here are not that big where you need other peoples GPS co-ordinates but sure it would be nice. Topo maps gives you plenty of info. If that is not enough go ask a tackle store or nearby marina on that lake for a current report on fish activity.

In my opinion to increase your success rate of catching more fish is education and knowledge before you go out buying all the fancy equipment.

This time of the year people target Bass, Pickeral, Perch, pike, muskies etc... Ask yourself this what do they feed on at this time of the year? What type of habitat do they like? What dept of water? What temperature makes these fish active or inactive etc... etc...

Knowing these answers will make you become a better all around angler on any given lakes and not just one lake. If you still can't catch fish I would suggest a reservour, provincial park or even a fish farm to build some confidence.

If this doesn't interest you perhaps a guide? Sure it cost money but you can learn tons of information in a few hours oppose to surfing the net all day or months. Paul from Cast Adventure 1-888-512-8127 guides Lake Erie and Niagara. If you don't like to fish those waters and like the Kawarthas and surroundings than Peter from FishCrazy (647) 227-2208 is your man.

Another question for you is IF somebody gave you there GPS co-ordinates how accurate do you think it is? It might send you to the shallow water and tear out your lower unit on your motor... then what?

If this sounds harsh I appologize but these are things to keep in mind... Happy fishing!!!

Well said yo_guy. The only GPS waypoints that I'd be interested in, I already have. It took me a few decades to find my spots and they're not for trade.