Just when I thought I outsmarted salmon by having weather forecast on my side ..

Guest Fishing For Life

Guest Fishing For Life

Ok, stop laughing at me now, please

I thought I was being smart this year ... to start fishing salmon earlier than before

especially when I thought this cold front could send a signal to them that ... It is time to move into the river!

As you can imagine .. I went out last night to "workout "my arms & wrists @ "Credit River Facility" from 8:00pm

to 9:00am this morning to the point I almost fell asleep, haha

Yep, Skunked is all I got, sigh

Anyone else tried it this weekend? What other piers around GTA did you guys do?

Well guys there have even been a few fish in some of the tribs already !!! and they have been jumping just outside the harbor walls!!!! some are black and ready to run very soon,stay ready to go!!!! the tribs are sending vast amounts of current and a nice brown mudline up to 1 mile out into lake o!!! so trust me they are closer than you think!!! the rain is fooling them into being an early run :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Guest Johnny Bass

Talk about hard core. Fished the entire night without sleep?? Sorry to hear it didn't pay off... Maybe in a few weeks it will be better. Good luck.

Don't get discouraged Fishing For Life, I have gone out many times in the past and not caught a thing. Believe me, when it comes to early season Chinooks you have to hit the right day and when you do you`ll be lucky if your arms don't fall off by the time you leave. It takes a lot of patients but it pays off. Ill be out all night this Friday trying to hook into another silver bullet. Good Luck and dont give up!!

-Fishnpro

I wasted my time for 4 hours chugging spoon like a crazy desperate dud at Port Hope yesterday, and there was no one on site before 5:00pm. By 9:30pm. 10 people showed up to catch what? Maybe their line were dirty from storage and need to wash it.

Few anglers submitted exagerated report at other board as well and some of us got sucked into it. TOO EARLY FOR SALMON FISHING! Stay home and save your gas, we got burned so others do not make the same mistakes. Wait at least two more weeks. It is still Bass and walleye season

I did hear the story that there was a mini run last week, TWO SALMON Who were suicidal fish entered Ganny at port Hope, and everyone tried to catch it. The only way to catch the two is to use a dynamite , to cover the entire Pier and Bay.

Well .. well, well ...

Attempt #2 last night .. FAILED

Have you even seen any jump around?

Maybe you should try walking up the creek of the trib you are fishing and look for them, if you see some at least you`ll know some of the fish is there.

I personally think its still to early.

I will waste every last penny i have to go out and catch that 1 chinny because it beats staying in the house all day. Personally I fish at least 5 times a week and I have no problem going out and washing off all my spoons and rapalas. Oh and just let you guys know iv already hooked 2 fish in the creeks and believe me they weren't the only 2 there.

East tribs usually get fish earlier than the west......nudge nudge hint hint.

Still wayyyy too early for reliable #'s, especially with the funky weather we've gotten lately. I'm still blanked on west tribs, been going out 3-4 times every week since late July. This is the latest I've gone without hooking a king, the weather (and especially rain) have really screwed the fishing. I'm of the opinion that August fish follow temps, September fish follow flow. All this rain we've gotten, and those huge mudlines, have dumped ALOT of warm trib water into the harbours, keeping the fish offshore.

My earliest chinook I've caught came a few years ago on August 2nd off Bronte, at 3pm, 20+ degrees on a warm bright sunny summer afternoon. But there had been a good N wind and the surface temps were 62 degrees in the harbour.

Guest Fishing For Life

Skunke #3 now .. and lost another 2 Cleo ...

At this rate of losing Cleos ... I need to find a 2nd job ...

Has anyone had any success?

Guest chopchop

Was out over a mile last night, water was over 70 degrees on top and the salmon were there, hugging the bottom. As others have mentioned, will be a while yet for the main runs begin. Looks like warmer weather on the horizon as well.

However, this will not stop the odd fish from trying to get in early, but this will not be consistent.

CC