Saturday Night Walleye Expedition

anders

The stars were finally aligned for my dad, my brother, and myself to get out. With my dad working out west, and brother working in the Sault, it is hard for the three of us to get out fishing, but this time around we managed to pull it off. We decided to go back to a lake were i havent fished since opening weekend and vowed to myself that i would not go back this year to absolutly awful results.

We get to the lake and its rough again.. :wallbash: this lake was starting to get under my skin. So we all agree to concentrate on the back of an island and do some jiggin out of the wind on a drop from 8-20 feet untill the wind dies down a bit. We fish this for a 10 minutes and the we all agree after not getting any htis, to suck it up and troll along the windbeaen shoreline. My dad puts on a victor 1 1/2 in. spinner with a worm, Caleb uses a jig with a worm, and i go to the bottom bouncer and wormharness. As we just finish the first pass i put the boat in nuetral so we can real up and turn around when my dad yells...FISH ON! After him fighting it for a while, and me fighting the waves my brother pulls out the camera.

Gus wants to get into the action of walleye fishing

1.jpg

Gus got annoyed with how long it was taking my dad to real it in, so he decided to leave.

2.jpg

The result...a real beaut.

3.jpg

We were all excited even though it was over 20 inches, and didnt want to take it home, it was awsome to see. So we start again and make another pass and nothing. Hmmm....turn the boat around and then BANG my rod doubles over and the fight is on

4.jpg

Finally after a few runs, even with the bottom bouncer, this golden walter emerges quick enough for a pic, and then swims back to get bigger.

5.jpg

Well, after me and my dad both getting walleyes over 20 inches, Caleb finally gets into one, and finally we see one under 18.1 inches. On the stringer it goes.

7.jpg

We kept on making passes by the shoreline, in 9-12 feet of water, with Caleb doing most of the damage, however all of his were under 18 inches. He ended up getting 5 about 17 inches, all perfect for the stringer. Then my dad had enough and hooks into the biggun of the night. My brother and I were both pumped for him.

6.jpg

Shortly after we notice a T-storm coming in and we decided to make a few more passes always. Glad we did, cause i found another hog

8.jpg

We ended up only fishing for an hour and a half due to the storm, but we managed a 13 walleye, 5 of which were under 18.1 inches, and 8 were over 20. Here are a couple more of my dads, and mine.

n501190539_1565500_5824-1.jpg

n501190539_1565506_7828.jpg

It was great to finally get all three of us out again. Probably the last time it will happen this year :( But there is always next year.

Very nice walters you guys caught :thumbsup_anim: Great job :clapping:

Looks like the slower presentation worked best for you.... something that I'll remember next time I'm out hunting for eyes.

Again great job and super pics!

Leechman

I'm glad the stars were in alignment for you guys to get together. Keep those pics on a separate disc so as not to lose them. They'll grow more precious as time goes on.

And now I'm curious. Now, is your vow to return to that lake or not?

Thanks for taking the time to share you time on the water with us. Great pics.

Thanks for all the nice feedback guys.

Chances are now, i will go back, but will have to find some time with bow hunting coming up, and salmon fishing (that usually takes priority). My dad leaves again on Friday and he wants to go back tonight, but the weather man is calling for rain, so we will have to see.

Looks like the slower presentation worked best for you.... something that I'll remember next time I'm out hunting for eyes.

Never be afraid of trying bottom bouncers. If the fish or on or not, i find it allows you to get your bait down in the strike zone longer, and more efficiently, while keeping your bait looking as realistic as possible. It is a go to set-up when fishing is slow.