Braided Line

It has its advantages. More sensitive, less birdnesting, good hooksets. But I always wonder if the fish can see it underwater. Im now experimenting with a small mono leader at the end of my line.

I like to use a black sharpie and color the last 5 feet of line, seems to work and the black lasts as long as the 5 feet of line does!!

steve!

Edited by steve_e

I like to use a black sharpie and color the last 5 feet of line, seems to work and the black lasts as long as the 5 feet of line does!!

steve!

Why black? It's just as visible as the green. And it doesn't blend into weeds.

I don't know about "not going back"... I have braid on some rods, mono on others. There are times for both.

I strongly believe that the visibility of braid makes a huge difference in clear, calm water. I won't even touch my braided rods in those conditions unless I'm tossing surface baits.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after a couple of weeks of using braid I don`t see what the big deal is, I found it to be a little more sensitive and yes it`s strong I managed to hook a submerged log that weighed at least 50-60 pounds and I just pulled it to the boat.LOL The thing that bothered me the most about it was I had a hard time seeing it and I am a line watcher so thats a problem.

I could see it being useful for Musky but I can`t see using it extensively.

I am a big fan of pp. Its great for flipping in pads as well as musky fishing. When the colour starts to fade you can use a marker to colour the last 6 feet of line or so.

pp is more expensive than mono but you can get more years out of the pp before you have to change it. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: