Can you identify this phenomena?? (NF)

danc

Thanks Garry.... for nuthin'. lol. I like the UFO stuff better than that intelligent "sounding" response, which will be discredited because it's not very fun.

Probably someone was up on the moon looking down at ya Dan and they flipped a big lunar booger at ya. Lucky the atmosphere burned it up before it got ya in the eye and gave ya some crazy space conjunctivitis.

And you call me a pot head! :whistling: j/k man

My vote is for the lense flare theory, it looks like the light off the moon is bending with your lense somehow, since its soo bright it looks like it created an effect with your camera since its being over-exposed. Kinda like the pic with the night-time campfire pic that Greencoachdog posted on page 1. Originally I thought your camera moved, but I now doubt that from reading your replies. Beautiful effect though !!

O.K. let me take a shot at this ( I can be comletely wrong ). I've made very similar picture few years back. First some observation

1. The "bright line" appear to me that is out of focus. Considering the object you've tried to capture the "bright line" is either very close to the lens or on the lens itslef

2. On the left side of the picture, at the extension of "bright line" there is circular spot, just little bit brighter then the backgrround. It looks like the "brigh line" is projecting little bit of of light at this spot

3. The"spot" is circular in shape, thus I think that the line itself was created by tubular object ( like fiberoptic kind) :dunno:

In case of mine picture it was a single strand of spider web, blown by the wind directly in to the lens. (very similar picture)

Take acloser look at your lense