July 20th, Sunday Morning Laker Report

I woke up at 5:00 this morning antcipating the nice day ahead (according to last nights weather forecast :devil: ), only to see the dark clouds rollin' in..... so I thought should I cancel going for Lakers and try for Muskies instead??.... ....I gambled with the weather and loaded up the gear and headed out for some Laker action....Sure glad I made the right decision!!!

It drizzled a bit on the way up but stopped in time for me to launch the boat and get the gear set up....the rest of the morning was on and off with a few showers...

Missed 2 but also netted 2, one being a real beauty that gave me a good lil fight!!... :thumbsup_anim:

Here's some pics to share with you all..... :Gonefishing:

20080720_0005.jpg

20080720_0003.jpg

20080720_0006_1.jpg

20080720_0004.jpg

Great job and nice pic's... love to see those mid-summer lakers ... how many colours ?

Jeeze if I didnt know better I'd say that was Turtle island in the background ..

Thanks for sharing now I am itching to get up to the Muskokas :) :)

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice Lakers! Some people say they fight like an old boot and others say they are strong fighters. Cant wait to catch my first one!!!

another few inches for the good guys :worthy::thumbsup_anim::clapping: , nice fish man, you have been bagging some beasts out there, personally I love fighting lakers...big headshakes...the feel of the barrel rolling around in an attempt to throw the bait, when you got a big laker on, you know you got a laker on for sure :Gonefishing:

Nice Lakers! Some people say they fight like an old boot and others say they are strong fighters. Cant wait to catch my first one!!!

Hope you get a chance to catch a laker JB...one thing is for sure....these lakers that we've been catching fight hard!!...When they hit, the rod tip bends right into the water and then it's head shake after head shake all the way up from the 100' depth they were caught in :thumbsup_anim: