Kawarthas Musky Report (7 Pics)

muskymike

The lady friend and I decided to book up in the Kawarthas this year again for a week. We stayed at Buckhorn Narrows on Upper Buckhorn.

The weather, well, it wasnt great. VERY windy, sun/cloud/sun/rain/sun/cloud/wind etc. every day except for 2.

I decided to try heading on to Pigeon for majority of my time out there. Sunday we started Trolling and about 15 minutes in, the reel goes off on the Tekota, I grab the rod, feel a head shake, the fish is gone. That was all the action I saw Sunday.

Monday and Tuesday, NOTHING. Trolling and Casting got me no where. I tried shallow, deep, deep weed lines, submerged islands, steep breaks, I couldnt budge a fish, other then one follow at Harrington Narrows.

Wednesday rolls around and after Trolling and Casting for much of the day, we braked for lunch. I decided to Troll off the spot where we stopped for lunch, and no sooner then 30 seconds after we got going, this guy hit.

Buckhorn08023.jpg

That was all for Wednesday, on the way back (we decided to take the boat to Pigeon instead of drive to a ramp) we hit the biggest caps and rollers I have seen on any Kawarthas body of water. It took us 1 hour and 45 minutes to drive from the north end of Pigeon to Gannon. Horrible. 14' tinny with 2-3.5 ft rollers. Not fun at all.

Thursday another wash.

Friday finally rolled around and I figured since NOTHING was going my way, to try Pigeon again.

Started Tolling and this small guy hit

Buckhorn08030.jpg

Got her back in the water, 10 minutes later over the same spot, I got this guy

Buckhorn08040.jpg

Let her go and on our way.

40 minutes goes by and I decide to hit my Trolling Milk Run. No sooner do I hit my first landmark and the weekend'r hits.

Buckhorn08045-1.jpg

That was it for the fish. Fun week, not a lot of action, but it was worth the time up there just me and the girlfriend.

Here are some others that were floating around the cottage area

Enjoy Mike

Buckhorn08010.jpg

Buckhorn08015.jpg

Buckhorn08017.jpg

Buckhorn08026.jpg

Edited by MuskyMike

Not too shabby --- how deep were you trolling? I've never fished Pigeon, but have my eye on it....just curious if it's got lots of weeds that would prevent trolling deep, or not.

Thanks for putting up the pics!

Not too shabby --- how deep were you trolling? I've never fished Pigeon, but have my eye on it....just curious if it's got lots of weeds that would prevent trolling deep, or not.

Thanks for putting up the pics!

I was trolling in depths from 14' to 48' of water. Baits running in the 12-17' range.