fishing trophy name

goodtimer

so finally all my buddies and I are all going on our first annual fishing trip. up in temagami for just 3 nights (all we could get off of work). one of them went all out and decided to get a trophy to add a little competition. it's just gonna be the biggest fish of the weekend, by weight, any species. now we just need a name for the trophy. we're gonna use it every year at various lakes so we need a funny (or not) name that won't get old. thought some of you guys and gals might have a few good suggestions! :thumbsup_anim:

I made one up for my wife's uncle. He has a cottage on Simcoe and entertains many guests over the year.

I named it...

The (family name) Invitational

Poly-Annual Multi-Species Award

It's promenently displayed on thier mantle - as tacky as it is

My name has yet to be inscribed :(

the "Tall Tales Trophy".

the "Lucky jerk Trophy"

the "Heap-Big Fish" trophy

the "Taxidermist's Nightmare Trophy"

the "Happy Hooker Trophy"

the"Ironman/Master Angler/All-Around Nice Guy" Award.

the"Ultimate Hoser" Trophy

the "Ketchenany Cup"

the"Fishin'Magician" Award

the"Over-Achievers" Award

Now what did I win? :Gonefishing:

Edited by danbo

so finally all my buddies and I are all going on our first annual fishing trip. up in temagami for just 3 nights (all we could get off of work). one of them went all out and decided to get a trophy to add a little competition. it's just gonna be the biggest fish of the weekend, by weight, any species. now we just need a name for the trophy. we're gonna use it every year at various lakes so we need a funny (or not) name that won't get old. thought some of you guys and gals might have a few good suggestions! :thumbsup_anim:

Pronounced "Te-MAWG-a-mee" (the word is Ojibway for "deep water by the shore"). this place has lifted the spirits and captured the imagination of generations of indigenous peoples and for traders and trappers and fishermen and naturalists and painters and poets and photographers and film-makers and tourists.

How about name like: The-"hawg"- N-mee?

And they only get the trophy AFTER they write a paragraph or two about the details of catching that fish. ( maybe start a log book to go with the trophy?)

There is only one thing to name a trophy like that.... You wait until the first winner and it call it by the type of fish caught and the person's name!!! Like if I was going it would wind up being called the Canuck2fan Carp Cup. (I caught a 30lb carp perch fishing the other day and no perch, but it was easily the biggest fish caught that day there LOL)

Seriously though, if you do it that way the first winner is always honored which among competitive buddies is EXACTLY how it should be.... Why go out and win the first time if you can't rub it in everyone's face for the next 50 years!!!!!

haaahahahaha....Canuck2fan, I like how you think!

Goodtimer, it'd help if we knew what general shape this thing is. Giving you "____ Cup" suggestions isn't very helpful if this thing doesn't hold water.

That said, "The Liar's Cup" comes to mind, if you're not all going to be fishing together, and photographs containing measuring tapes aren't mandatory.

We did that when I worked at Toronto Iron Works...six of us threw in $2 each and bought a trophy...a chap by the name of Frank Shields won it...we named it the Knarf Trophy...Frank backwards = Knarf... :D

Several years later we added a bigger base to add more name plates...the winner got to keep it for a year...My son won it before I did... :thumbsup_anim:

like i expected, some good suggestions, thanks. we'll be in 2 boats, 3 per boat and a witness/pic is mandatory. not sure what the trophy looks like - cup or no cup i dunno... we're waiting and we're not gonna see it until we get to the lake and have some beers to cheers.

Master Baiter Championships

nice lol. i like it.

the "Tall Tales Trophy".

the "Lucky jerk Trophy"

the "Heap-Big Fish" trophy

the "Taxidermist's Nightmare Trophy"

the "Happy Hooker Trophy"

the"Ironman/Master Angler/All-Around Nice Guy" Award.

the"Ultimate Hoser" Trophy

the "Ketchenany Cup"

the"Fishin'Magician" Award

the"Over-Achievers" Award

Now what did I win? :Gonefishing:

some good one's there danbo.

I mentioned a few to the crew and we all seem to like "Lucky S.O.B." but we haven't decided 100% yet. It's a good name because if it's not me who wins the trophy, the name will stand so so true haha. We're also going to try and incorporate a woman's name so we can refer to 'her' by a lovely name...so we can say things like "Lucy's comin home with me **ckers" lol.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a while but I thought I'd follow up since everyone was kind enough to offer up some great suggestions. We ended up calling it the "Annual 'Lucky S.O.B.' Classic". Here she is.

n833090415_3632972_2891.jpgn523280600_3806732_4832.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the font they used, and may change it when I go to get the winners name engraved.... oh and the winner is, of course, yours truly...meeeee haha :thumbsup_anim: . I will be posting a report shortly. Thanks again everyone.