LCX-27c problems,,, any suggestion?

Meegs

we just purchased this unit this past spring. Absolutly LOVE it! wish we had the bigger screen but sure aint complaining regardless. Problem is that I have no trouble with this unit anywhere else except one certain area where for the life of me i cant get a solid lock on bottom. It seems to come in at im going to say 10-15% which means im not marking any fish either. it seems to mark fine in shallower depths, and even marks fine in the other section of the lake where it is deeper than what im fishing in now. ive checked everything i can think of, ping speed, sensitivity, tried all zoom in and range features to see if anything would make a difference but it hasnt. ive been trying to get jerk of customer service but phones been busy all day.. go figure! anyone here have any clue?

I can guarantee Linda Colt will help you out with this problem. She is a customer service rep for Lowrance and has help me and MANY others when contacted. Just email her and describe the problem.

Linda Colt

Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]

I can guarantee Linda Colt will help you out with this problem. She is a customer service rep for Lowrance and has help me and MANY others when contacted. Just email her and describe the problem.

Linda Colt

Customer Service Department

12000 East Skelly Drive

Tulsa, Ok 74128

1-800-324-1356 #8747

Direct line 918-438-8747

Fax 918-234-1745

Email: [email protected]

Thanks! i'll give that a go! i got ahold of Lowrance yesterday after waiting on hold for an hour and a half just to be told that basically i was crazy! lol

The lady on the other end told me to go into 10 fow and try it there! i had already expalined it works fine in anything shallower than 75fow but from there on out it doesnt work right.

firgured id go out this morning to a different section of the lake and try turning everything else off and only have the graph running by itself. Nope.. still not working right. it marked better than what it did out in the other section but still poorly. 100_0957.jpg you can see that at times it wants to go, but its still choppy. this is what bootom should look like 100_0538.jpg

I checked the tranducer, checked the power, checked all conections and as many setting that i know of. i'll write an email today to this Linda colt! Thanks!

Meegs,

I'll give you a couple more to try if you already haven't.You said all ranges and I'll assume you tried the manual setting instead of automatic.How about turning the motor off while reading bottom and lifting out or raising the bottom end and see if any cavitation is affecting the signal. If so it may be too close to the prop.The angle may not be perpendicular to the bottom when you look at it from side to side rather than front to back.That used to happen to me with my old humminbird with two people in the boat for some reason and I replaced that with an eagle in the same place and it never happened again.The skimmer transducer is a pretty good piece,your lowrance unit's probably the same or better.The unit itself likely has a factory preset or reset,you can try that when it loses bottom and see if it will reaquire it.You'll probably lose any saved points if it has a gps.

Just a couple that come to mind.

Kerry

Meegs, I bought a brand new lowrance transducer in the winter, to use on the ice, instead of taking the one off my boat. I had the same problems.......it was indeed the transducer. I took the one off the boat, and its worked perfect ever since!!

go figure......

Sinker

I agree, it looks like a faulty transducer, but that's just guessing.

BTW, have you done the latest software update for LCX 27C(version 2.3.0) ?

no.. i havent done the latest software updates.. didnt know there was one since the graph's only afew months old.

yep.. i tried every manual setting i could, turned the boat off, engine out.. just frustrating when it works PERFECT in 70fow... too bad im fishing my lakers in 100fow. lol

now the question now is... with the unit being wso new.. would the transducer still be under warranty? or just the unit itself?

Transducer is under warranty for one year just like the display unit. but I bet you anything the first question they'll ask you if you have updated your software?

check under MENU, SYSTEM INF, SOFTWARE VERSION, if it says 2.3.0 you have the latest software, DO NOT DO AN UPDATE.

if not just follow the instructions on Lowrance site for how to update, http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/Produ...ftware-Updates/

you'll need a SD card and reader on your computer, or call Lowrance (in Mississauga I think) and they will lend you the update SD card for a refundable deposit.

Meegs; we had a similar problem with our unit. I found it easier to just take the unit to Lowrance in Missasauga and in about 5 minutes they downloaded the updates and checked and or replaced the transducer. Everything was still under warranty. I live near Peterborough on Pigeon Lake but head to THE BIG SMOKE often.

Good luck