Been screwed for the last time..

Gerritt

I am tired of dealing with Bell Canada... to much Bull... unexplained charges, late fees when the bill was paid on time etc... and in all honesty.. I am tired of dealing with someone that does not speak the same language as me!

I am thinking of switching to Primus for Phone, and internet.. and will use my Free-To-Air recievers for TV.

I am in Hamilton...

Is anyone here with Primus? how is their customer service?

Is there another company that I should consider that deals with the Hamilton area?

TIA!

G

I think I just overhead the news on tv saying that Bell and some other companies are about to start charging for INCOMING text msgs. That's ridiculous. Perhaps I heard wrong, but I think that's what they said. I have Primus VOIP home phone and no complaints. VOIP isn't perfect but its a hell of a lot more affordable, expecially for long distance.

Expect a few down days every other week or so from your free to air. I have a friend that has one but he has no internet, so so depends on me to download the new code for him. He's a frequent visitor now. For 2 bucks a day (or half that price if you're really smart) , I get to watch what I want, when I want. It's worth it to me. My only dealings with Bell is with ExpressVu. I've not had a problem in over 3 years.

I cannot stand Rogers... thank god they do not service my area!

Thanks for the heads up MRM

G

I did have a cell phone contract with Rogers. I'd rather send smoke signals. That would probably get the message out faster.

Dan.. I have been in FTA for longer then I can remember :) I have various receivers infact I have given some away LOL, Some stb's go down.. others stay up.. I have my bases covered in terms of TV.. Hell I will switch to Starchoice just to give Bell the middle finger if I had too.

Sound advice though :) thank you

G

My recommendation:

1) Keep Bell for phone. The other companies are awful

2) Ditch Bell DSL for Tekksavvy. It is cheaper and better.

3) Ditch Bell Satellite, live off OTA and if you choose FTA and torrents (FTA goes once maybe every 2 months).

4) Call up Rogers and tell them to smootch your buttj, even if they don't provide service to your area.

forrest

Dan.. I have been in FTA for longer then I can remember :) I have various receivers infact I have given some away LOL, Some stb's go down.. others stay up.. I have my bases covered in terms of TV.. Hell I will switch to Starchoice just to give Bell the middle finger if I had too.

Sound advice though :) thank you

G

LOL... Shoulda known.

I did have a cell phone contract with Rogers. I'd rather send smoke signals. That would probably get the message out faster.

Im currently at war with rogers......

Trying to burn me for 1200$

Lost count how many times ive hung phone up screaming to them.

My average bill for 24 months was 800$ per month!!!

They are a complete joke......

Guest lundboy

If you don't need a home phone (because you have cell) you can get "dry or naked" DSL from teksavvy or http://www.acanac.ca/more-info.htm. Unlike Bell these two companies will give you DSL without home phone. This will save you about $25/month.

Also for LD on home phone, Telehop 1010-100 (.25 first 15min, .04 /min after) or 1010-620 ($1 per call unlimited minutes) are pretty cheap /minute across north america.

just for the record

FTA never goes down

but if you use the receiver to get bell or dishnetwork, they do spend lots of money to send ECM to shut down the people getting it without paying for it...

and they do it more then every two months

just for the record

FTA never goes down

but if you use the receiver to get bell or dishnetwork, they do spend lots of money to send ECM to shut down the people getting it without paying for it...

and they do it more then every two months

And they only do that because the CRTC makes them do it. They couldn't give a crap about how many people are stealing their signal. It costs them more to prevent it than it does to just let it happen.

Changed to Primus about 2 1/2 yrs.ago still paying 44.95 for home phone, high speed DSL and long distance.

Think it has gone up to 59.95 for this bundle but i'm still paying this much.

Bell peeved me too much. Think i'm saving alot anyways.

ehg

and in all honesty.. I am tired of dealing with someone that does not speak the same language as me!

Boy that struck a chord with me LOL!

Perhaps foolishly I switched all my services to Bell when I moved to Grimsby last week: Bell Expressvu satellite, phone & internet..

I did this 'cause I already have an unused Bell satellite dish at the cabin and would like to bring my receiver up to camp to watch ballgames, movies and such while on vacation.

Anyway....so far I've had nothing but problems with my internet connection.

I've called multiple times for help and quite frankly gave up in frustration after not being able to understand what was being said to me :D .

Finally a tech came to my house this morning and (hopefully) resolved my problem.

When I complained about not being able to understand virtually everyone from Bell when I called for assistance he laughed and shook his head.

I guess I hadn't been paying attention in the last year, but did you guys know that Bell outsourced all their English speaking phone rep's to INDIA 6 months ago? LOL! I sure didn't! What a complete and utter joke!

Now here's a savvy little tip passed on to me by the Bell tech this morning: When you call Bell for assistance and they prompt you for a choice either French or English, choose FRENCH even if you're not bilingual.

You're call will be routed to Quebec NOT India and all the francophone phone rep's speak english MUCH better than their Indian counterparts :D .

I think I just overhead the news on tv saying that Bell and some other companies are about to start charging for INCOMING text msgs. That's ridiculous. Perhaps I heard wrong, but I think that's what they said. I have Primus VOIP home phone and no complaints. VOIP isn't perfect but its a hell of a lot more affordable, expecially for long distance.

Nope. Got the letter the other day. The wording is typically convoluted. I'm still not sure if my corporate cell plan still includes the free incoming texts or not. If not I suspect we'll all be shopping for another provider, or coming up with some alternative to the texting. It's only a minor inconvenience to do without.

JF

Guest lundboy
I'll bet you a beer if you call 310-Bell you'll be speaking to someone in India. Guaranteed! :D

Here's the trick...

When asked to press 1 for english, 2 for french... press 2. You will be switched to Montreal and you will still get someone that is still in the country and can also speak english. Let's do our part to hep them keep their jobs here.

(This really works, no joke)

Here's the trick...

When asked to press 1 for english, 2 for french... press 2. You will be switched to Montreal and you will still get someone that is still in the country and can also speak english. Let's do our part to hep them keep their jobs here.

(This really works, no joke)

I know, read the end of my post LOL!