What was your 1st Car?

danbo

1964 Hillman Imp, similar to this. Rear engine aluminum, overhead cam, ahead of its time...Didn't handle too well though. Designed to compete with the mini but never quite pulled it off.

Hillman_Imp._1.jpg

1984 Taupe Sunbird... paid like $2500 for it... insurance $3100... still a farce back then... stick shift ... taught myself how to drive it... blew the clutch out 4 years later... in Madoc on the way home to Oshawa... cost me $700 to fix it... was never right after that crook "fixed" it... I liked that car... got me back and forth to visit the future wife in Kingston at school... usually with the needle buried!! yee haw!!!

250px___85___88_Pontiac_Sunbird.jpg

Edited by bullybass

It was my "winter beater":

1969 Dodge Polara 4 door / Light blue / 318 engine

i bought it for $300.00

had it safety checked for $50.00

put a $500.00 Pioneer sound system in it

did a LOT of gravel tours in Perth county while enjoying some their infamous herbs eh !

That car's nickname was: "The land yaught" :P

and Iwas definately : Captain"high" liner in those days. B)

Edited by splashhopper

It was my "winter beater":

1969 Dodge Polara 4 door / Light blue / 318 engine

i bought it for $300.00

had it safety checked for $50.00

put a $500.00 Pioneer sound system in it

did a LOT of gravel tours in Perth county while enjoying some their infamous herbs eh !

That car's nickname was: "The land yaught" :P

and Iwas definately : Captain"high" liner in those days. B)

The good old days eh.........lol

My nick name was otis lol

Beer in one hand and joint in other............cruising the side roads....

What was i thinking............ scares me now thinking i got two kids of my own......

:stretcher:

nope,

but that car was big enough that you could sit in the "no spliff section" if ya wanted and still be able to breathe! :whistling:

In those days, i used to drive those back roads with my girl and look for the spot to "enjoy the view."

Ohhh to be 17 again. lol :rolleyes:

I had a burgundy/black topped 67 Ford Galaxie 500 Convertible. Plain Jane with only a 289 but it was a fun car. Lots of memorable trips in "The Gal" One time 7 of us and all our gear went camping for 3 days in it. It would fit 3 people comfortably in the trunk for sneaking into the drive in for long weekend all nighters. It also got about 25 miles to the gallon on the highway if you laid off the 4 barrels....

My dad rebuilt the motor for me and left it in the car while he did it!!! There was enough room to stand inside the engine bay while doing the top end and for the bottom end we just put it on jackstands to do the bottom end.

I found a pic that looks just like it here.

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/10/60708-2

1976 Plymouth Duster

maroon

straight six

am radio

single bench front seat

how come they don't make 'em like that any more. hahaha

looked something like this, but mine had a vinyl top

fd1.jpg

Edited by goteeboy

1984 dodge omni,,,200.00 total invested on the road,,not as nice as the picture below.Mine was more burgandy and rust.The floors leak so bad in the winter it was an ice rink when you stepped in.Had to stick something in the carb to start it(girlfriends lipchap usually)lol,,,,I can't believe she stayed to be my wife,lol.....Owned only 5 veichles and haven't owned any newer than a 86 chev truck,

untitled.jpg

1991 candy apple red camaro. i bought it at the end of my jr. year in high school, with the money i had saved up from selling my calves and pigs that i showed in 4-h and ffa. sorry no pics

jason