Haliburton Walleye's on FIRE!! - Pics

Slayingm

I had a Guided Fishing Adventure todo on the weekend with 11 Electricial and Leasing contractors from the city. Apparently a number of them have cottages in the Haliburton and Muskoka area so they decided to limo a number of the boys up to the Haliburton's to meet me for a day a fishing.

I was a little disapointed that they wanted to go out on the chain lakes (Head, Grass, Kashagawigamog, Canning and Soyers as I have only ice fished there before and never had my bassboat out on that water yet. I poured over my contour maps of the lakes, put a strategy together and headed out early to meet the boys. Everyone decided that Walleye was the target species for the day as a few of them wanted a fish fry on the long weekend. The boys rented a 22ft deck boat, 18' bowrider and I took 2-3 guys in my Stratos at a time and we switched up over the day.

I headed to some classic looking structure and started fishing a variety of crankbaits and plastic grubs on rock points/drops and off deep weedlines. The weather was perfect with low winds and overcast conditions. Within minutes at the 1st spot we nailed a 4.5lb Walleye on one of the new perch coloured Storm crankbaits.... minutes later I tagged a couple of nice fish on a 3" plastic grub on a 1/4oz jig head and the day was off to a great start! Over the course of the day we caught and released a number of good Walleye's and a great time was had by all... in fact 2 of the guys caught their personl best Walleye on the trip( (5.5 and 4lb).

One of the hot lure's for the day was the new 'Clack'n Rap' from Rapala which will be out in 2009... I have a number of them that I am trying for them and the Fire Tiger model worked well for some nice fish like this one.....

100_0201-25.jpg

I kept moving to some new area's and found some productive spots over the course of the day.... 3 different spots produced the most fish and by the end of the day we had a number of nice Walleyes swimming in my live wells and the boys were some happy. Here is a group pic at the end of the day....

100_0202-5.jpg

Take care and Good Fish'n..... Greg.

Greg looks like Brysons in the group shot. Was out on the weekend as well too bad I didn't see where you were fishing...LOL.

Did most come out of Kashag?

Guess I will have to try again this weekend.

Thanks for posting.

Nice report as usual greag !!!!...great fishing too man,you sure have some happy fisherman there ....man that new bait looks nice too,i guess we will have to wait a while before we can get some,oh well just more too add to the walleye box !!!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Greg looks like Brysons in the group shot. Was out on the weekend as well too bad I didn't see where you were fishing...LOL.

Did most come out of Kashag?

Guess I will have to try again this weekend.

Thanks for posting.

Hey Nemo.... just getting back from a few days on vacation hence the delayed reply. You got the meeting place right and yes most of the Eye's came out of Kash.... took fish both in the S and N ends.... just one of those days when everything worked well.

See ya out on the water.... Greg.

Guest Johnny Bass

Very impressive for fishing a lake you have never fished before! You really know how to read those maps. I am just starting to learn!

Glad to hear the day turned out a great success. Lot of happy campers there! Thanks for sharing.