Haliburton Bass opener

Jigger

Had a good opener this weekend. The water was sitting around 70deg for the two days I was on the water and the bass were fairly active. Big fish were hard to come by and I exept for a couple of bigger fish hooked and lost, the majority topped off at about 18in with plenty more under that length. My buddy brought up this stupid hat that had to be worn by the guy who caught the biggest fish. This one came early on a Senko and gave me the hat for most of the day...

IMG_1305.jpg

After he left I happened to run into another friend who cottages up there and went to check on some largies. After catching two little largemouth, I threw my white and black spinnerbait up into a pocket in some lily pads and this pretty kitty decided to come in for a pic...

IMG_1313.jpg

Had to change up lures quite often with soft plastics accounting for most of the bass. But whatever was being thrown, the key was to slow down. A good weekend and now only have three more days before getting out again! :clapping: Hope everyone had a great time this weekend!

Nice fish Jigger , love the colors on that monster.

Where abouts in haliburton were you fishing.

Yes senko's seem to be the bait of the week , myself went through 3 bags this weekend.

I think you should sink that hat LOL. nice pics, good luck next weekend.

Thanks guys, the hat has been... taken care of. But I can't guarantee it won't re-suface at some point. The tiger put up an awesome fight for a fish its size. Fortunately, or not depending on how you look at it, I had a severe malfunction with my normal spinnerbait combo and had to retire it and use my flippin rod to huck spinners. So instead of the 12lb mono and sketchy reel, I had the heavy power rod and 50lb Power pro. Good news is, I was able to handle the big runs put out by the fish. Bad news is, I need a new baitcaster. Glad I landed her!

Ehg, I don't think it counts toward anything, My tourney paper is sitting on the lake bottom after it flew out of the boat shortly before I landed the tiger. We circled back, but it was too deep to reach. I'll have to print off a few more for the weekend...

Sinker, I'm not making that mistake again. Even if I do, you'll never catch wind of it.lol