Bass opener on Limerick Lake

mike hagan

Got up Late Friday and set up camp on crown island .Warm night was thinking this was going to be a great weekend. Started out at 5 am Tried to get the other up but there was no way they where going this early, so solo it was.Sipping on the coffee and enjoying the view. :Gonefishing:

Clear morning with the a light mist on the water .

Started trolling the shorelines and quickly hooked into the first fish , small but a nice start.after about 1 hr. hooked into about 5 LM. Then headed out to the honey hole.through the narrow river,on the way wasn,t sure how high the beaver dams where going to be ,but to my surprise they were not bad at all to run and push over them.

Started to drizzle and stayed that way for about 4 hrs no problem kid of like that weather.well arrived at the hole and started tossing spinners at the shore line . first cast and landed a Lm. seemed like ever cast there was a hit and catch,Still holding many fish ,the funny thing is it doesn't look like a good area ,ever time I see the boats in that area every one just passes it by. LOL good for me. :thumbsup_anim:

Good morning boated many fish ,but not the Big one,so headed back to pick up the daughter and to my delight when I arrived breakfast was just ready, boy the wife really knows me. :worthy: After breakfast hooked up with the daughter and headed out meters across the lake where I caught the first fish of the day, knowing there were more to be caught,Started to clear up good sign. We get to the spot and on her third cast,she thought she was snagged until a couple of head shakes.Good job pulling this one out of the thick log cover . :w00t:

She was using a Senko white in 4 fow,heavy log cover,sharp drop off 4lbs 10 oz. Nice fish the head was huge compared to the body.

oh by the way the first double header ,mine would of looked puny to that one so I quickly threw it back.

Daughter one dad zero.Funny how that works I fished that cover first thing in the morning and missed on catching that one .

Headed up the lake to a new location and again just as we stop the boat the daughter already has the line in the water ,before I can drop the electric she tells me she has another one .nice smallie this time.

After a couple of hrs. headed back to the camp site,to pick up the better half and have a couple of cold pints .MMMM

Well seems like I ran out of space will start a new thread , Does anyone Know how to post more pics, with out running out of space,I see some post have more pics and they are spaced between the lines how do you do this. :wallbash:

limerick_lake_2008_023.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_004.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_007.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_0008.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_011.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_012.JPG

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellent report!Good to see the girls enjoying our favorite sport also. :thumbsup_anim:

Posting more picture for me is easy. First? I download my pictures at photobucket.com.

You can download multiple pics very quickly. Once you download them, you go to the picture and copy the "direct link". And paste it between these. [ img ] [ /img ] No spaces.It wont let me post them without the spaces.

There is also a picture icon with a orange sun at the top of this window, which you can paste your direct links into and it will do this automatically.

Then you can comment between the direct links.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Went back to camp and picked up the wife,out again we go .way back to the furthest back lake where we are the only boat on the lake.this is what we were looking for .nice spot and lots of fish,Sunny skies and every one in the boat wife sunning and us fishing .

What a great day of fishing Time to head back for dinner and chill with the family.camp fire and beers steak cooked on the open fire and home fries.Getting ready for another day on the water tomorrow. Same morning no one getting up time to go solo again.Very similar morning . clear Sky's but some heavy fog in some areas .

Saw a Log floating in the lake as I get closer It noticed it was stationary, Funny because the only part sticking out of the water was the trunk and the rest of the tree was straight down vertical to the bottom in 20 fow out about 300 feet out from shore. Start jigging tubes right on top of the tree and out comes smallies beauty.

Headed in to shore for some LM and again on the trees puling out many LM ,when a Big crane flew into the area stomping on the shoreline trying to catch its breakfast.about yards away thinking it would kill the area so was about to move out and made one more cast into the fallen trees and hooded into a nice LM ,but that crane saw I hooked into a fish and flew right next to me ,10 feet away watching me real in the fish.

That ws just weird thought he might try to steal the fish. LOL.

Went back to pick up the daughter and headed out with her again and headed to the other side of the lake , wind started picking up so we started to drift fish in open water with reeds and Lilly's just letting the wind push us through. on the first spot when turning of the boat I hook into one and telling the daughter I haver one on as I turn to see her shes struggling with one two. again a double header.Again she has the bigger one .LOL well this just kept happening all week long and after every fish I caught she would do one better.

But it was a amazing weekend and had a lot of fun.

The special part was when the daughter thanked me for taking her and she had a fabulous time. :thumbsup_anim:

limerick_lake_2008_014.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_017.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_019.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_024.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_026.JPG

limerick_lake_2008_021.JPG

Great report and pics. Looks like you have a future bass pro on your hands there. I love fishing with my daughter. Hopefully we can still be fishing together when she gets to be your daughter's age.

sadkat.jpg

Edited by jediangler