lower grand report

modny

headed out to the lower grand on saturday.

launched the wet dream at fishmasters. after 5 minutes in the water noticed that she was takin on water BAD.

plug was in..no problem there..

turns out the livewell drain spout sheared off somehow and was fillin the skiff up FAST

P6290161.jpg

P6280153.jpg

P6280154.jpg

well sure enough, some guy was taking his sweet time getting his bowrider outta the water. like i mean sweet time. he was like flossing his trailer wire connections or something... so all we could do is circle around in the lil bay and run the bilge and cross our fingers.

yanked her outta the water to see what was the matterrrr

found the problems

P6280152.jpg

P6280156.jpg

went on a wild goose hunt for some reason to try and find parts to fix it or block it off so we could go fishing. pretty much drove all over dunnville only to find nothing..

sure enough called it a day without wetting one lure or worm.

so that night, got the proper parts, and fixed her all up in the driveway. even bought extra spare parts so we dont get dinked in the future.

so we hit the water early sunday morning, same thing, another 5 dollar boat fee. all is good, she is still floating, no water coming in. right on..

ripped up and down the river a couple times, a lil choppy, south westerly winds putttin a nice break on thewater with some overcast skies.

worked our way up and down the channel trollin cranks in about 10-15 ft water.

i rigged my old mans line and within the first 5 mins he got this

P6290157.jpg

then i got this

P6290158.jpg

and then this

P6290159.jpg

and then the skies looked like this

P6290162.jpgP6290163.jpgP6290164.jpgP6290165.jpg

so we got soaked.

then lighting started coming down and things only got worse, so we packed up and left.

sure enough on the way home, sunshine breaks through and now its 3 30pm and i wanna hit the water again for some evening action. poop. hahah

all in all, it was a great weekend on the grand. defently a learning experience i just wish the weather was a lil more promisisng so we couldda got a couple more in the boat.

ohwell. we kept my eye for a lil snack later.

Edited by basshole

Well at least you didnt get skunked,too bad about the line breaking off,it always figures when you are the farthest from home,and when nothing is open,or no stores around !!!!!!....and then to top it off,mother nature decided to through you some crap weather,well its all part of fishing thats for sure,we have all been there done that !!!!....nice pics too....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hey Basshole

Think I saw you out there.

I was in the black Lund Mr. Pike with the Yamaha on the back.

We also got a couple eyes and a couple grunts before that storm blew us off. Wanted to hit the lake but that was OUT of the question this morning!

Darren

Nice report...

Good job on getting her fixed up and back out there.

Did you make it out to the mouth before getting blown off the water. I've heard the perch are in there thick right now.

Cheers

Craig

Hey Basshole

Think I saw you out there.

I was in the black Lund Mr. Pike with the Yamaha on the back.

We also got a couple eyes and a couple grunts before that storm blew us off. Wanted to hit the lake but that was OUT of the question this morning!

Darren

hey bucktail,

yea i seen ya.. i wanna get an OFC flag and hang her from the transon light post or something..

glad to hear that everyone was catching em. if we were out longer i think we couldda had a couple more in the boat.

where u comin from?

did u work the channel down by FM too ?

we found most action 50 yrds off that island seperating the river from that channel that goes to that BBQ marina

Nice report...

Good job on getting her fixed up and back out there.

Did you make it out to the mouth before getting blown off the water. I've heard the perch are in there thick right now.

Cheers

Craig

didn't even consider it. those winds were heavy sat/sunday. didn't really wanna jig in a 8 foot chop. or die in a 8 foort chop. hahah

i'll probably be back there next sunday with the old man. and maybe my brother. who doesn't know how to fish at all.

Wet Dream?!

More like Wet Nightmare. Sorry, couldn't resist. Thanks for sharing.

yea it was pretty crappy when it happened. but even though we were still roughly 1 hour from home its better it happen now than being up in the sticks with no shops or proper tools handy.

hmm... wet dream lol. That one was real wet. Good to hear that you got'er fixed and got to do some fishing ... it just sucks getting everything prepped and your mind ready to go fishing only to find out you can't get into the water after driving to the launch.

yea totally. we were super dissapointed to find out that we couldn't get on the water. but i'd rather that happen close to home then on a big fishing trip.

might be headin out there tomorrow too for some more walleye action

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like a happy ending to a bad start. Well...Other than the storm! Good to hear it was nothing major and the boat is back in action. I think "wet dream" is a really cool name!!!

yea thanks

it seems to get a rise out of people.

new paint on her next year so we'll get some nice new decals made up etc

its suppoised to be nice tomorrow. hopefully the GF is working so we can get some more 'eyes in the livewell

We found most of the fish up near the dam in 12 feet of water, by the time we fished downriver the boat traffic had put most of the fish down.

Found the perfect lure for that area. A Rapala DT4 on fireline, dives to 10 feet and makes lots of noise. All our fish came on that one lure.

yea true

we trolled cranks aswell

my old man was working a white cordell fat rap style first

i was working a perch shad rap

all fish caught about 50 yards off that island. out depth finder is garbo so i'm not sure what the structure looks like udnerneath

to be honest, i'm kinda hoping my gf gets called into work tomorrow so i can go fishing.

hahah

Edited by basshole