Yes it rained

misfish

Just back from helpping out David Chong with his event up on Cooch. Let me tell ya,it,s alot of work to pull this off,and to the many other volunteers that showed up and all the boaters,great job. :clapping: The skys opened up early this morning,and with lighting happening,the boats held up in the lot. Then the rains stopped and the boats were in,the kids showed up and what a great day and what a great feeling it gives one to see so many smiles on kids that got to head out and fish for a half day in a bass boat. There was a great mix bag of fish brought in. Rock bass,perch,buckets and smallies and 2 nice pike.

Sorry I did not get any pics of the fish as I was kept pretty busy setting up and making sure fish bags got to the boats and to the live release boat. I did take some time to take some photos .

There were a few OFC,er there,Al Russel,Mark Kulik,David and myself.

Looking forward to helpping out again next year.

Many put out alot as far as gifts for the kids.

This pic is bags that have a rod reel and tackle and a small pop up dome tent. Everyone of the 65 kids got one of these bags,along with a prize off the prize table. Like I said,it all about the kids.

bbbs08010.jpg

Some assorted pics.

bbbs08007.jpg

bbbs08001.jpg

bbbs08002.jpg

bbbs08004.jpg

Dereck Strubb had three on his boat and they all caught very nice fish. I beleieve the biggests was 5.11.

bbbs08005.jpg

Mark Kulik. Great seeing you again Mark.

bbbs08018.jpg

bbbs08019.jpg

The MC and the one that got this going. Great job David. Also to Andy from CSFL for the stage.

bbbs08020.jpg

There were bags for the volunteers and boaters, and I got a nice surprize. Thanks Mark.

More slammers. YES,and the colour I like best.

bbbs0855.jpg

I got my flipp,n stuff ready for Sunday AM.

IM GOING FISH,N.

Great report Brian! I'm glad to hear the weather cleared up so the kids could get on the water and catch a few fish....sounds like they caught fish bigger than my puny PB :P Congrats to the organizers, volunteers and sponsers! You all made a huge difference to these kids!

Maureen

Good on you Brian and everyone else involved. Great to see kids getting out - I can't imagine I'd have ever finished my schooling if someone had put me in a bass boat at a young age and then sent me home with a rod, reel and a tent :)

Guest Johnny Bass

Sounds like a great event and great for the kids! Good to see many future generations will be enjoying this great sport.