bass opener -weather

tinbanger

My fishing partners aren't going to be able to go till Sunday. I'm sure the bass will still be there. Good luck to all this weekend.

If this is true then why are so many people falling over themselves to get out for bass?

those fish are leaving town at midnight....thats the rumor.

forrest

If this is true then why are so many people falling over themselves to get out for bass?

those fish are leaving town at midnight....thats the rumor.

forrest

Some didn't wait until midnight. I just passed a bunch of bass heading west on the 401 near London.....

They were in a SCHOOL bus :blush::blush:

I had fun, fished from 8:30 till 11:30 it was raining most of the time. Jesus had stopped taking pictures just before I got there thankfully. Landed 10 smallies, 2 largies, 6 WGSF and one HUGE sunfish..... pretty good considering I COULD NOT get anyway near where the good fishing usually is this early. The banks were just too slippery to get a toe hold on and I wasn't interested in swimming. OH well it is open and had a good if not great start.

4 smallies on the first 6 casts made the rain all but disappear LOL.

Rain, rain rain pretty much all day out on Little/Gloucester. Let up around 11am and we were pretty much done by then. I think there was either a bass tourney or there will be one and people were pre-fishing but man, 20+ bass boats ripping around on the lake. From about 6-11am we boated about 10 or so fish. My biggest was a 3lb largey, right in front of all the tournament guys driving through the channel :)

Also had a miss on a perch coloured Suick on our way back, just messing around at the side of the boat. It was either a small ski or a decent sized pike.

All in all a great day, a little wet but the fish didn't mind.

Left the house at 6 in a torrential downpour with lightning and thunder - got to Kitchener and it didn't rain a drop. Too bad the Grand had turned into a chocolote milk highway. Ah well. The weekend isn't over yet.