Rod Holders?

muskymike

Hey guys,

I know this has come up on here a lot, but I cant seem to find the thread. So I am just going to ask again.

I am going to put some rod holders on my aluminum boat and was just wondering what everyone recommends. Its for a side mount, not top mount.

Thanks

Edited by MuskyMike

Ah the salty to me they are the best had em on my last boat .I will miss them.

12103xpHPIM1042.JPG

12103IMG_0223_1_1.JPG

Nice thing about them I used them on my old 18ft tinny 12 ft tinny and to this day they work well on my canoe :thumbsup_anim:

I now have the Scotty's with my Lund sporttraks.What worries me is plastic will where out.I guess metal is where you should look

if you plan on muskie fishing.

IMG_1091_1.jpg

IMG_1090_1.jpg

:canadian:

I think I have made my mind up with the help of Forrest, Roy and Mike the Pike, a pair of S-10 Salty's will be on my boat by Saturday as I am heading up for a week. I will call around for pricing tomorrow. :D

Thanks for the help Forrest and thanks for the pics Mike

I think I have made my mind up with the help of Forrest, Roy and Mike the Pike, a pair of S-10 Salty's will be on my boat by Saturday as I am heading up for a week. I will call around for pricing tomorrow. :D

Thanks for the help Forrest and thanks for the pics Mike

Your welcome you won't regret them to me they are the best now if only I could mount them on the new boat.

Make sure you tighten them with pliers this way they won't come lose.

Hope to see some fish pics come from those new rod holders :canadian:

Hopefully I will have some Pics. Can they be mounted with the seat facing the water though? Or do they have to be mounted in the boat? Also, is that a metal reinforcing plate you have on the old boat? That may be a really good idea if it is that.

I am heading out to Ottawa for work in a few weeks, I need to hit one of you Easterners up for a trip in your neck of the woods. I would love to do some Musky fishing on one of the Rivers.

I've had some scotties over 10 years and they're good. There have been many times the rod was pulled down so hard i couldn't lift it out of the holder and they didn't break, in fact, i've only seen maybe 2 break and that was from bottom snags with heavy gear and 100-120# line. What's nice about the nylon build is it has some flex and bounce to take the load off your boat. I've seen metal flush mounts that ripped the boat apart because they don't move. so for me, the metal tube type mounts are rail mounted and adjustable types.

Cabelas here. 15 years and counting. Lightweight, adjustable and easy to store.

A friend bought a few of those about 5-8 years ago and that's actually one of the ones i saw break albeit in an EXTREME situation. A tether and carabiner saved his gear. The others are still as good as new. They sure look like scotty, similar mount system, holder design, and rod retainer ring.