Maple Leaf's New Coach is ..............

carp-starter

Do it Cliff Fletcher's way as to how to become a Leafs' coach.

Cliff is now the new coach of the Leafs'.

carp-starter

Hmmm....Ron Wilson is the Leafs new head coach. I heard that Fletch is going to remain the team's GM through the next season.....or am I slow here?? LOL

You guys are probably right.

On TV all I heard was about Fletcher and how the Leafs cannot get a replacement this year and so Fletcher will remain on the team this year.

Perhaps Fletcher is the new GM for this year only - or in the position he is in now presently.

Sorry ------------- My error

carp-starter

No sweat! They are hanging onto Cliff till Burke become available... there are is really noone in the league that can assume the GM position right now, as they are all under contract at the moment.. and the Leafs are not allowed to negotiate with prospective GM's until those contracts are up..

I think we will see Burke as the New GM after the 09 season.

G

And I thought this was going to be a multiple choice question.

Maple Leaf's New Coach is ..............

A - Doomed for failure

B - A knee-jerk reaction to mounting fan and media pressure

C - The best selection from a bag of average coaches available

D - All of the above

Until changes are made from the VERY TOP of the organization down, the Maple Leafs will remain an embarassment to this city and its citiziens. I don't give a crap about the Leafs even though I'm from Toronto, because the Leafs management don't give a damn about hockey or the citizens, just the cash. Pathetic.

Until changes are made from the VERY TOP of the organization down, the Maple Leafs will remain an embarassment to this city and its citiziens. I don't give a crap about the Leafs even though I'm from Toronto, because the Leafs owners don't give a damn about hockey or the citizens, just the cash. Pathetic.

Fixed.

Until changes are made from the VERY TOP of the organization down, the Maple Leafs will remain an embarassment to this city and its citiziens. I don't give a crap about the Leafs even though I'm from Toronto, because the Leafs management don't give a damn about hockey or the citizens, just the cash. Pathetic.

Ya know,I sat down for a coffee on Tuesady night at timmies, and there was this older couple reading the paper. We just struck up a convo about the news and how things are going to the drabs. Then we were talking about the Euro cup(he was from Germany turned out) then the topic came up about the leafs. HE SAID THE SAME THING. UPPER MANAGEMENT. Do you think he knows something different they we know. This guy sat right in front of Harolds box ,back in the day. Made me sit back and think,leafs glory days are history and never will see another.

How many different Wilson references can we get?

I can think of three:

1.Tom Hanks' buddy in castway... I still say Spalding was made for that role. :dunno:

2. The nosy neighbour in the that Tim the Tool Man show.

3. The neighbour from the Denise the Menace comic strip.