Weekend Report...

Well another weekend has come and gone, and with all the house renovations I've got going on I'm only able to sneak out from 5 a.m to about 10 a.m.

After seeing some quality carp reports I decided to put the little pontoon aside and hit my carp "swim" for the first time this season. The morning started off just right, slept well, up before the alarm and out the door to watch the sun rise on my way down the road....

gallery_133_237_9581.jpg

The mosquito's were ferocious, but I was stoked to make my way through the bush, down to my perfect little carp spot. It's barely 5 minutes from my doorstep and always produces a good half dozen or more carp, even on short outings. The second I cleared the bushes I was shocked to see a net strung across the creek. There was dead and struggling carp the whole way across. Some had no tails left but were still gasping for air.....

gallery_133_237_105293.jpg

gallery_133_237_147779.jpg

gallery_133_237_190368.jpg

I don't know if the ministry would do something like this as some sort of carp control but it seems like a cruel way to do it. It's not like they were taking over the area, and even if they were, this creek dumps into Erie which has plenty more carp who'll run up-stream. Anyways, I fished the area for a short while and didn't even get a tap.

On Saturday my new Humminbird 141c came in the mail. I had to rip the cupboards out of the kitchen as promised to the fiance, but the second that was done I was in the garage installing it onto the personal pontoon boat...I was excited to test out the humminbird, and am also anxious for bass season so the game plan was to find suspended panfish near deeper weedlines and get them on crank baits. Like fishing for tiny bass...

It wasn't long before I marked some fish and started piking them off with a perch pattered micro Rapala.

gallery_133_237_90619.jpg

Most fish were caught in around 8 to 10 FOW right off the weed edge...the wind was howling so staying in the right area was a bit of a pain....I think I'll be buying a wind sock soon. Water was 70 degrees and the big bluegill were guarding their nests in about 2 FOW. Kept 1 gill just to add a little more meat to the table but left the other bigguns alone for genetic stock.

gallery_133_237_76863.jpg

Dinner - Gotta get my Omega 3's for the week Snag....

gallery_133_237_4205.jpg

Ended the weekend off with the family down at my own private little lake in the backyard...it's almost finished :thumbsup_anim:

gallery_133_237_65709.jpg

Good luck out there

UF

Guest Johnny Bass

Definately report this to the MNR. If it is them, thats fine but if its poachers, thats a no no!!!

And that micro perch actually catches fish?? I bought it and after using it and realizing I cant cast more than 10 feet with it and paid more than $8 for it I felt ripped off!!!Maybe I will give it a try some day when I am bored and want to target panfish!!

Thanks for the Report!

Definately report this to the MNR. If it is them, thats fine but if its poachers, thats a no no!!!

And that micro perch actually catches fish?? I bought it and after using it and realizing I cant cast more than 10 feet with it and paid more than $8 for it I felt ripped off!!!Maybe I will give it a try some day when I am bored and want to target panfish!!

Thanks for the Report!

I'm hoping somebody from around the long point area know's somebody from the MNR on here...otherwise I'll just look it up.

And yeah that little perch works great. It's best used as more of a search bait, strolled behind the boat...once you get 1 you can switch it up to a

float and micro tube or trout worm and destroy them.....but I'm sick of float fishing so I stuck it out with the crank and got my first

two crappie of the season.

When strolling I find the mini floating rap has better action, but when casting this one is better because it sinks...so if the fish are in 5 to 8 FOW

you can let is sink before retrieving...

cheers,

UF

Fantastic report UF! That net seems a bit suspicious to me, but then again, what do I know? LOL.

Great assortment of panfish there...hope they made a nice snack for you!

Love that last shot of the family down at the "dock".....you going to stock that pond?? hehe.

I'd like to find the arse who strung that net across there! There's a heck of a lot more than carp that run that creek. If it was the MNR - BAD SHOW!!!!

Nice work on the pannies though.

I'd like to find the arse who strung that net across there! There's a heck of a lot more than carp that run that creek. If it was the MNR - BAD SHOW!!!!

Nice work on the pannies though.

yeah man, I've caught everything there, bass, pike, pannies, catfish, carp, trout, bowfin you name it.....I'll look into it at some point tomorrow and see if I can come up with any info....

A 7 foot ultralight rod with 4 lb test will cast that thing a mile.

A 7 foot ultralight rod with 4 lb test will cast that thing a mile.

yeah man, I was only tossing it on a 5'5"UL with 8lb braid (equal to 1lb mono I believe) and a 4lb fluoro leader and could zing it as far as any big

pike bait. It's actually pretty heavy for a tiny bait. That reservoir has bow's and brown's in it so I'm betting the trout patterned

one would do well also.

Cheers