Resort Suggestions

Headhunter

Hey Guys/gals!

I have finally been able to clear up some time in August, for a one week family vacation to somewhere in our fine province! We have two young'ins, 6 and 4 and my wife and I are looking for a kid friendly place, within 3-4 hours of Toronto, that will be accommodating to my kids needs, (beach, dock etc...) and my desire to get them out in a boat, catch pan fish, swim etc... .

This will be our first family trip to "the north" as we have historically played at the beach on Lake Huron. I could use some suggestions, from those of you who have been or are currently in the same boat as me... not looking for really high end, just your typical cottage, where I won't have to worry too much about an unforgiving shore line, where the kids may get hurt, playing.

I am open to any and all suggestions and appreciate you time spent in responding! :Gonefishing:

HH

we go to www.halimar.com every year. This year is our 3rd year going there too. Great food and service too!

Oh, our kids are 1 1/2 and 4 1/2 and there is lots for them to do, inc. kids day programs.

i will second wendel's place, pretty affordable and has a nice beach for the kids. we usually catch a ton of fish there too. if ya have any questions shoot me a pm, been going there for about 16 years now.

jason

A very good friend has a real nice place on Rice lake , very kid friendly ,beach , playground , they have these huge fishing peirs that are lit at night and have benches and you can catch all the crappies and perch you want without going out in a boat and they have great docks and boats even large party barges , great place my son allmost grew up there . SOUTH VIEW , very kid and wife friendly http://www.southviewcottages.com/

Memquisit Lodge on the West Arm (just a mile up from Lakair). Not sure about the beach, but the cottages are exceptionally clean. Also have a workout room, a bit of a spa for the ladies. And the fishing can be exceptional.

Memquisit

Be sure to download their pdf file. Very informative.

http://www.whitebirchescamp.com/ I am a seasonal trailer park trash in the RV section of the camp.This camp has everything that your family will need and the owners are great people.If I am there when you are I will show you where ALL the honey holes are.Another good thing is they are listed under T.J's True North web site.

vance ps for more info pm me

check this out http://www.duenorth.net/martinscamp/ It is about 3 hours north of Toronto,great fishing,great beach, lots of water to boat on and explore. Best part is very uncrowded unlike similar lakes further south. Nice relaxing area lots of crown land,canoe routes and back land camping. You can fish some of the smaller lakes in the area and have it to yourself.

One word Joe - ALGONQUIN!!!

Within your travel time, plenty of choice in level of remoteness...great beaches and top fishing as well.

We go there every summer with my now 3 year old son. It'll be our third time now in August, so we can meet there too :thumbsup_anim:

I'd recommend Opeongo as you can take your boat or canoe in the interior sites (still no portaging) and I can tell you a place with a whole private beach/bay for yourself, all sand and shallow...great for kids to play and 2 min away from top lake trout and bass fishing spots.

Let me know if you want specifics.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman