spring wrap

Raf

remember this? really wasn't that long ago. ;)

hole.jpg

unhook.jpg

thought i'd throw that in for our first heat wave. :D

spring has been a pretty soggy one here. other than the wknd we broke ice, it's been cold and wet. we've fished trout and a bit of walleye and pike with some success.. no luck on huge pike this year. so hear are some troot. this wknd is the muskie opener and so, season II begins. ;)

day one, 10 mins into openwater season. :)

DSC_3580.JPG

10 mins later - peel back the layers its sunburn time.

DSC_3595.JPG

dipsy.jpg

jplkr.jpg

benlkr.jpg

jpbow.jpg

high5.jpg

jplaker.jpg

jplkr2.jpg

boatside.jpg

laker1.jpg

beyootie trout, eh! But, no, I DON'T remember pulling a laker that nice out of the ice... :glare: But I do remember the ice fishing....hard to believe it wasn't that long ago compared to today's temp.

thank boys. i've been fighting a cold for the better part of a week now. my muskie opener is on hold. the action tends to improve as the season wears on anyhow (in my experience).

the trout fishn is a great way to kick off the season.

Raf, JP and Ben's spring laker report from last year was one of the best reports that I have ever read.

Don't mean to step one anyones toes here but, Besides that one and a couple others from Raf & JP as well as Moosbunk & Solopaddler's reports they don't come any better than that.

TG your a very wise man!

^^^^^

I did not pay him to say that ;)

reefrunner, we switch out trebles for singles on all our lures for spring trout. be they body baits, spoons, spinners etc. we don't bring most into the boat, just unbutton them boatside like the 2nd last pic. if we photoed every single fish, there'd be way too many pics in this thread. ;) trebles and trout are like velcro and they end up getting them in the eyes, gills... not so good if you are planning on releasing them.

my opinion, the lures have more action with singles too. other than swapping the hooks, no further modifications.

Edited by Raf