couple more days at the trailer

jwl

Was lucky enough to head out to my trailer again for a few days. Man I am spoiled this month, I just spent like 6 out of 10 nights up there, gotta love it!!, and get it in while I can, probbaly have to wait a couple weeks now because of work, and can't skip the kids too much school :whistling:

Headed up this time with just the wife as the kids stayed with relatives, so that was a great little break. Arrived Saturday night just in time to pout in a fire and have a few cold ones. Woke up Sunday morning to this......

Hmmm seems the dock fairy didn't come over night and do some of my work for me

320027885.jpg

I was hoping for the weather to be a bit nicer but Sunday was a pretty drab cool day, after some misc puttering around at camp,running some errands into town I was finally talked myself into changing into some shorts and putting my dock in. One of myneighbours was outside most of the day getting ready to go home and debating on putting in his dock as well....so I made him a deal, he helps me put mine in, I help him put his. Agreed we sat down had a beer then got at it. I think I got a raw end of the bargain though <_< my dock took all of about 10 minutes in the water...drag down the frame, make a few adjustments, put 2 bolts in then start putting the boards on...voila!!! a dock. My buddy who helped me laughed when helping me out saying how much easier my dock was to put in than his. I don't mind helping though he is the kind of guy that would do pretty much anything for my family up there, so after about an hour or so we had his dock all in too.

Yeah!!! dock is finally in, now can bring the bigger boat up soon for some exploring around.

320027883.jpg

Gotta love this, here is a bit of a perspective on how nice it is to have fishing in the back yard.

Step out the sliding door of the trailer out to the patio

320027999.jpg

A couple more steps out on the patio, down about 10 steps to my dock....hop in the boat and go B)

320027998.jpg

Not much fishing going on the first day as the wife and I took advantage of having no kids around and got a bunch of things done around camp,dock in, site cleaned up, trailer cleaned up, shed cleaned up and so on...

But I did managed to salvage a bit of fishing off the dock and pull out this little guy for the team!!!! not huige, but it's an entry at that...all 24 and 1/2 inches of snot rocket...perhaps Greencoach dog can scoop this pic up to enter for our team.

320027881.jpg

The next day,(Monday) kind of was a bit on the crappy side..wind wind and more wind....earlier in the morning I was fishing off the dock, had a beauty fish on that decided it needed to bite me off and there goes a good float headed down the lake, so I pushed my tinner in the water started it up and headed out after my float, brought the boat back to the dock and went to grab some fishing gear for a putter around just a ways out from camp...well luck would have it..after fixing my motor cover latch and changing the plugs, getting the motor all set for the season..then the wind started, I took about 2 passes trolling across a rock/weedline in hopes of some pickereyes, when the waves started building and the wind made boat control a big pain in the neck, so I puttered back to the dock and just watched the lake all day hoping the whitecaps and wind would go away

320027996.jpg

It was even a bit crappy wind situation for fishing off the dock, but I tried a few things out then decided to stick with using chubs and a float out there, after a while I finally get something decent on

320027877.jpg

after a bit of a battle I was dissapointed to find this guy at the end of my line

320027874.jpg

All in all still a pretty good trip...got some time off from my kids,got a small repair done to my 9.9 for the tinny,got the dock in, and a bunch of stuff tidied up around camp, can't complain too bad, been up 3 times this month to kick things off and it's still a month until the kids get out of school,now I am pretty much all set for the whole season up there, have started to get into some decent fish, have a couple spots scoped out for musky fishing after opener, and I think I got the first pike entry for my team :Gonefishing:

many more good trips and big fish to come

Thats a nice spot you got there for sure.

thes a huge bonus to have your own dock right there...not many parks can boast that as a perk!

thanks for shareing.

I admit I do have the advantage of being right on the lakefront so I can have a big bonus like my own dock, but believe me all of us that have the lakefront lots pay a few hundred more a year for that, and we also pay for our own docks if we want to build one, or get a set-up like I have..I can't complain too bad though, site fess are not all that rediculous annually and they take good care of the park :Gonefishing:

Great spot ya got there JWL, i gotta build myself a dock too.....one more cast then i'll build it :whistling:

if you are seriously thinking on building a dock, you may want to look into something like I have. At the time we got that one, we had an old dock that had seen better days so we decided to build a new one...I drew up a quick plan, figured out what kind of hardwarer we needed like poles and brackets and stuff, went and priced it out and it came in at a bit more than 2 grand at the time. While out and about checking out some pricing we came across the one we have on sale as it was a display model and it was about 1800 bucks, so we thought that was a great idea..we saved money and didn't have to build it, they even delivered all the pieces.

Don't know what the same thing would run you now with the price of aluminium as far as the frame goes, but I bet it still compares well with buying all the poles, and brackets ect to make one yourself. Putting it in the water is a snap, 2 people can easily carry the frame down to the water, pull it out where you want it, there is a smaller section that bolts on..level up the frame then start putting the boards on. The board sections for this type of dock are 4X4 sections already put together..you just start at the shore and pop the first one into place, then continue with the rest..after the frame is in and levelled up you don't even have to be in the water any more. To take it out you don't even have to get in the water at all.