Muskie opener tactics.

Jigger

Well.. My black cloud returns :(... Tuesday night my truck stalled.. had to tow it home 13kms 140 bucks WHAT A RIP!

Get home no spark. So I change the distributor Wednesday after work.. started fine. After inspecting the condition of my distributor I figure that's gotta be the problem. Get home last night truck starts and runs great so I went to get gas for "Old Smokey" and the truck and it stalls again :(

I got lucky and coasted all the way home LOL! back in the driveway no spark at all... So I go to CT and get a coil.. change it still no spark.

My truck has a MSD Ignition Multi Spark Discharge unit after doing some suggested manufacture tests it appears that this is the problem :(

This weekend is off.. I will have to wait until next weekend.

That sucks Ranger Guy. I am heading up to the Kawarthas tomorrow to do the "milk run" should be great. Hoepfully there is some wind to hide us from those muskies especially if it is sunny outside. Slow presentation if these fishes have just finished spawning. I am going to start shallow and go deeper through the day. If casting does not produce then I will be trolling for them. I have seen muskies in less than 2 feet of water on a sandy beach warming them selves so don't be afraid of casting close to shore with a topwater bait.

I have about a million musky baits all new sitting in my tackle box waiting to be used. Now the decision is, which bait gets the first toss of the season?

I REALLY wanna throw my new TopRaider, but I have a strange feeling the topwater bite isn't going to be great.

What's the first lure coming out of everyone's box?

I will have 4 rods rigged up.

1) Topwater - Chug Bug

2) Inline Spinner - #5 Mepps

3) Crankbait - J-13 jointed Rapala

4) Spinnerbait - 1/2 oz perch coloured

Being this is my first time Musky Fishing, I could be way off, but hey, gonna give'r a whirl!

I will have 4 rods rigged up.

1) Topwater - Chug Bug

2) Inline Spinner - #5 Mepps

3) Crankbait - J-13 jointed Rapala

4) Spinnerbait - 1/2 oz perch coloured

Being this is my first time Musky Fishing, I could be way off, but hey, gonna give'r a whirl!

The Chug Bug and 1/2 oz spinnerbait will catch alot of OOS bass. I'd stay away from them

as you probably would have the leader deaden the action anyways. The J-13 and #5 inline spinner are better bets.

First bait every year has to be a top raider over top of the most shallow weeds you can find. Raised musky after musky my first 3 trips on the water last year. Granted I lost a few of them but still nice to see them fly out of the water after them!

I'll be hitting the Mad (by Arnprior for you southern Ontario folks) and then the Rideau on Wednesday.

I'll be chucking an orange and black 3/4 oz spinner bait with a 5" orange grub trailer first thing.....its already tied on. Something about orange makes musky mad.......I like it when they get mad :)

I'm freakin pumped!!!!

5 more hours till season opens...... :)

Sinker