1st outing in the boat this year

limeyangler

Hi All,

Well finally got the boat back in the water, and after getting up at 6 am cuz i could not wait to get out and to try and fix the transducer properly i was all ready to go at 11am. Only problem was i was so tired i fell asleep after lunch at 12 and woke up at 3:30....LOL....tough life aint it. Anyway, after convincing my wife i was ok....she could not believe i fell asleep when the opportunity to go fishing was there, she was worried about me...lol we headed out at 4:30 pm.

I did not actually pay much attention to the fishing as i was trying to work out my fishfinder, i will need to do some more work on mounting the transducer. Anyway, we did catch fish, tiny little walleyes and a tiny little pike.

MY WIFE IN HER LOVELY WELLIES

img_0817.jpg

ALL THE FISH WERE TINY>>>MUST BE THE BOAT CUZ I WAS GETTING NICE ONES FROM SHORE ALL WEEK

img_0818.jpg

img_0819.jpg

The fish were small but being out in the boat....IN THE SUNSHINE(at last) with my wife was awesome......it was also fun cuz i met my fishing buddy Dave out at one of our favourite spots with his family, and bumped into my neighbour Ian out the front of the house on the way back in.

MY FISHING BUDDY DAVE TURNED UP WITH HIS FAMILY

img_0820.jpg

MY NEIGHBOUR IAN.....HE SAID HE ONLY CAUGHT A COUPLE OF SMALL ONES TOO

img_0821.jpg

Due to go out with my buddy Matt tomorrow and we will be trying a few really shallow reefs, see if we cant find the elusive walleys of Lake Wabigoon. we might also head into Mile and Trap lake through the narrow channels...see whats lurking in there.

Edited by limeyangler

hey, ya gotta admit that the first outin gin the boat for the season is pretty fun, and will only get better, I use my boat all winter for steelie fishin..but whe heading up to the trailer and putting the tinner in for the first of the season is always a blast...always good to get out and give it a good run to see how everything works. You out a couple fish in the boat...no skunks, that's a good way to start out

Yep...they do get smaller from a boat. Bly and I catch lots of rather big fish from shore, and only baby fish from our boat....LOL. Here's some proof....

Bly's shore walleye....

gallery_60_22_18089.jpg

Bly's boat walleye....

05carolepickeral.jpg

My shore Salmon....

18.5pounds38inches.jpg

My boat salmon....

07clifffish.jpg

Thanks for the replies.

Yup getting out in the boat is great, then i see cliff catches and.....nah...still great, but hey those are awesome fish from shore or boat..lol. Ohio, the fishfinder sucks at the moment but at least it dont leak, she has her wellies (boots) on cause we dont have a dock yet and she pushes off. The only dock we have is the pontoon thing you may have seen in some of my other piccies, found it floating acroos the lake in a storm last summer, claimed salvage...lol but its gonna be no good once the water levels drop as they normally do by mid summer. Like i said picking up my buddy matt at his uncles dock 5 mins round the other side of the bay at 11am this morning, gonna get serious now...lol...we'll see.

Well now that I'm too far away to fish "The Goon" I'll give you some spots.

This time of year fish the west arm for eating size walleyes--small green jigs tipped with minnows along the islands on the left at the end are good.

In about 2 weeks fish the north shore--start at the caboose along the weed edgeand backtroll out to say 8-9 ft.

Not saying I know every rock on that lake by name but.............. :whistling:

Thanks for the replies.

Yup getting out in the boat is great, then i see cliff catches and.....nah...still great, but hey those are awesome fish from shore or boat..lol. Ohio, the fishfinder sucks at the moment but at least it dont leak, she has her wellies (boots) on cause we dont have a dock yet and she pushes off. The only dock we have is the pontoon thing you may have seen in some of my other piccies, found it floating acroos the lake in a storm last summer, claimed salvage...lol but its gonna be no good once the water levels drop as they normally do by mid summer. Like i said picking up my buddy matt at his uncles dock 5 mins round the other side of the bay at 11am this morning, gonna get serious now...lol...we'll see.

hey it works, right now using my 14 footer, I don't have my dock in yet either, I built a little A-frame a few years ago just to pull the boat in an out of the water with, works great for the little boat,onlytakes one person to shove it around, and i use it all the time when i am not at camp..don't like leaving my boat tied to the dock when i amnot up incase a storm bashes it against the dock or it fills with water.

As for the fishin...I had better luck from shore this week on my trip than in the boat...it happens from time to time :dunno: ..main thing is keeping the skunks out...my Viper we got new 5 years ago right out of the box and it has never seen a skunk day yet...The 14 footer got that same year in the winter for $200 bucks off(just the boat) no motor or trailer, and it hasn't let me down either...even it you pull off a last minute rock bass on the way in...still counts as a no skunk day :lol:

Edited by jwl