Last Pike of the year

jediangler

Went out to Mountsberg Sunday from 12noon to 2:30pm in the kayak for my last pike outing of the year. Did an hour long drift across the lake in 10-15km/h breeze. Picked up 5 pike on drift and two fishing the bay out of the wind. All were caught on Blue Fox spinner #4 in firetiger. This one was the last of the 7 fish and was 28" long. Sadly, the biggest of three trips for pike.

28_pike.jpg

Of course the wind picked up to 20-25km/h for my paddle back across the lake. If I catch any more pike it will be accidental as I'll now target crappies next week and then Musky opener the following weekend. Add a walleye trip or two and the next thing you know, Bass will be open.

Hey Bro nice job on the pond. Inspector Gadget and I are heading there on Thurs morn for some action, got something new I wanna try, will let u in on the secret if it pays off well. Can't wait for Ski opener. Might get out for some Craps too soon, good luck when ya go.

Thanks all. No SS, no salmon fishing until I can cast for them in the fall from the pier. Looking forward to your report on Thursday Joonmoon. Make sure the Gadget gets at least one OK? The weeds are definately on the rise now. Had most of my luck near where we were last time in the dead heads. Good luck Bro.