The Ultimate Pike Tackle Box

Well um let's see...all kinds of stuff works for me depending on location, time of year, water clarity, temps ect...

Xraps

318730956.jpg

Husky Jerks

318730954.jpg

Walleyedivers

318730952.jpg

spinnerbaits

318730950.jpg

and of course spoons

318730947.jpg

So it's hard to pick just one thing, these are just examples of a few fish I caught over the last year, as you can see....all these lures work for me B)

Large husky Jerk in Tennessee Shad has been the hot bait this spring. Have got 3 fish over 36" on it....it's now toast so I had to buy 2 more.

Xrap in perch a close second.

Water is so cold this spring you need a neutral suspending bait that can stay in there face for a bit to trigger strikes.

You can add big swimbait to the list (soft or hard)

I was in Alberta last summer and was crushing pike on black Booyah Boogie baits (chatterbait).

Lipless cranks work as well. i remember a couple of times in Manitoba I outfished some local using a really long rattling spot. They don't make them anymoer I think it was called a rattlin spot minnow or something.

Pike will go after anything. I caught one the other day on a spinner worm harness with a juicy crawler trailing. I have also caught several by accident on twin tail mister twisters.

the only consistent performers for me have been spoons. I fished pike more than anything else up to the end of highschool because the were close to where I lived.

eppinger "daredevles" in either red or black.. they have long slender body rather than the rounder more oval shape that imitations have

Lucky Strike or Eppinger "redeyes" spoons with the 2 plastic ruby eyes,

standard silver Williams,

5 of diamonds from either Len Thompson or Eppinger

I can't help you. Alll the lures that I used last year to catch big pike are not producing this year. I've only caught one and it was on a teeny little white spinner bait. Although they are working great at catching bass right now :wallbash: